Required for September 2021
MPS/UPS commensurate with experience + TLR TBC
The Odyssey Trust for Education is an innovative collaboration between King Henry School and Townley Grammar School.
As a Trust, we strive to develop and maintain an environment where students are valued, their needs are met and they are given the opportunity to reach their full potential academically and socially. We focus on character education, inclusion and student mental health.
At King Henry School we aspire to provide our students with an extraordinary education, one that unlocks curiosity, ignites ambition and forges a social conscience.
At King Henry School our key priorities are:
1. Students receive high quality teaching and a broad, inclusive curriculum.
2. A strong pastoral system, emphasising positive relationships, ensuring no child is left behind.
3. Staff wellbeing is prioritsed and promoted.
4. KHS communicates effectively with families, out local community, and other stakeholders.
We are looking to recruit an extraordinary leader who will support our vision to be a truly inclusive school, where no student is left behind. King Henry has a broad and diverse intake, with around 40% of our students in need of various levels of SEND Support. We are also serve a community with high levels of deprivation and a significant number of students who have English as an additional language. The inclusion team comprises of Deputy Headteacher- Inclusion, Assistant Headteacher- Behaviour and Attitudes, our SENDCO, a 2i/c Inclusion and a team of Inclusion Support Assistants. We are looking for a Deputy SENCO to join our team in establishing high quality SEND provision that will enable all students to engage with the curriculum and thrive at King Henry School.
• Tremendous opportunities to develop your career – we will support you in extending your career through an enhanced CPD programme with 10 INSET days a year and dedicated time for professional development every Monday afternoon.
• As part of the progressive Odyssey Trust for Education, with enhanced opportunities for professional development and career growth, a team of talented and dedicated colleagues will support you. Odyssey Trust for Education can offer you a professional challenge and a rewarding opportunity, working with a collaborative leadership teams that are passionate about the progress and development of every student.
• Our CPD pathways offer the opportunity to work towards achieving Nationally recognised Qualifications such as: NPQML/NPQSL/NPQH, Lead Practitioner Accreditation all the way up to a Master’s degree. Professional development across the Trust is supported by a large and growing network of high-profile leaders of education with platforms for school improvement on a National and International level. Opportunities for colleagues to experience professional growth are also identified across the Trust, whether that be project based or on a fixed term secondment to a different school.
• An extra weeks’ holiday for Autumn half term in October/November
Please apply by completing the application form and providing a statement of suitability for the role. This should be no more than two sides of A4.
Closing Date: Monday 24th May at 12pm
Odyssey Trust for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young
people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Odyssey Trust for Education is an Equal Opportunities employer
Should you have any specific questions or if you would like to discuss the role in more detail please contact Rob Leitch, Headteacher of King Henry School.
King Henry School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years