MPS/UPS (London Weighting) TLR 2D £4,655
Required April 2020
We are looking to appoint a Deputy SENDCO to join our successful department from April 2020.
Key responsibilities will include:
• To assist the SENDCo and deputise as necessary
• To lead on coordinating provision for students in Key Stage 3
• To coordinate the transition from primary to secondary school for students with SEND
• To oversee the Annual Review Programme for Key Stage 3, ensuring that completed reviews are sent to the relevant Local Authority, parents/carers and other agencies where appropriate, and to chair Annual Review meetings
• To share responsibility for line management and training of Learning Support Assistants with the support of the SENDCo
• To assist in the day to day operation and management of the Inclusion Department, working with the other members of the department and liaising with SLs, HOYs, PSOs, Wellbeing team and other relevant parties
• To assume responsibility for SEN Support (K) students in Key Stage 3
JFS is a warm, happy and high achieving school with a strong vision and supportive, friendly staff.
An opportunity has arisen to join JFS as a Deputy SENDCo.
It is an exciting time to join the Inclusion Department, which has recently appointed a new SENDCo, and is committed to providing an inclusive and outstanding education for all of its students.
JFS has recently updated its curriculum built around skills, knowledge and passion as well as an emphasis on imparting key Jewish and British values. We are looking to appoint a Deputy SENDCo who is motivated to support our new SENDCo and to liaise with SLs, HOYs, PSOs and the Wellbeing team and other relevant parties as well as promote the ethos of the school.
Our modern campus is on a 26-acre greenfield site with a welcoming inclusive and warm, caring family environment.
We welcome applications from NQTs, and those applying should already have or be aspiring to achieve the NASENCO qualification.
Applications from teachers of faith or non-faith backgrounds are most welcome
For an application pack, please visit our website (www.jfs.brent.sch.uk) or contact the School.
Closing date for applications: noon on Friday 21 February 2020
Interviews will take place on w/c 24 February 2020
Please note that CVs alone will not be accepted.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks, including Enhanced Level DBS Clearance.