JFS SCHOOL, THE MALL, KENTON, HARROW, HA3 9TE
Executive Headteacher: Deborah Lipkin
Headteacher: Simon Appleman
Roll: 2,000 (incl. 600 in Sixth Form)
Tel: 020 8206 3100
Fax: 020 8206 3103
MPS/UPS (London Weighting) plus TLR 2F (£6,513)
Required Janaury 2018
We are looking to appoint a Deputy SENDCO to join our successful department from January 2018.
Key responsibilities will include:
· To assist the SENDCo and deputise as necessary
· To be responsible for assessing and coordinating access arrangements for all SEND students and ensuring school staff are aware of their duties in this area
· To oversee the Annual Review Programme, ensuring that completed reviews are sent to LAs, SEN files, parents/carers and other agencies where appropriate, and to chair Annual Review meetings for KS4 &5 students
· To line manage and train Learning Support Assistants with the support of the SENDCO
· To assist in the day to day operation and management of the SEN Department, working with the other members of the department and liaising with SLs, HOYs, PSOs Behaviour team and other relevant parties
· To assume responsibility for the SEN support students (k)
JFS is a co-educational inclusive, modern, orthodox Jewish school that strives to produce well-educated, faithful and proud Jews who will be responsible and contributing members of society. JFS is a truly wonderful school. This is clear from our stunning annual public examination results which see us consistently placed in the top five schools in the country outside the independent sector.
Our modern campus is on a 26-acre greenfield site with a welcoming inclusive and warm, caring family environment. JFS was re-accredited with Investors in People status and achieved the Gold Award. Applications from teachers of faith or non-faith backgrounds are most welcome.
For an application pack, please visit our website (www.jfs.brent.sch.uk) or contact the School.
Closing date for applications: noon on Monday 16 October 2017
Interviews will take place on w/c 16 October 2017.
Please note that CVs alone will not be accepted.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks, including satisfactory Enhanced Level DBS clearance.