Whilst experience within SEND, education or inclusion is desirable it is not essential and more appropriate are the right qualities, ethos and commitment. Training and development can be provided so applicants with the right determination to make a difference and work ethic are very welcome.
We are a school with ambition, and appreciate that quality in people we work with. This role could be suitable for an individual who wants to be SENDCO, or SEND teacher, and we could view this appointment as part of a 3 or 5-year plan to achieve a particular outcome. We are currently looking to develop our provision in the areas of Communication & Interaction, SEMH and Sensory needs, so an expertise or passion to develop expertise in these areas would be beneficial.
The Deputy SENDCO will be a member of our Middle Leadership Team and will be expected to attend the head of department as well as those on Teaching and Learning. This is a full time position.
You will be involved in setting the vision and direction of the SEND provision and will work alongside the Assistant Headteacher / SENDCO to ensure the smooth running of our SEND provision. The role will require liaison with the TA team, the Pastoral Team as well as teaching and non-teaching staff. Regular and effective communication with parents and children is essential as well as a range of external agencies. To ensure quality first teaching, support and interventions for all students on the SEN register. The post requires someone who is exceptionally well organised and efficient, is used to dealing with a diverse workload, and has excellent communications skills.
Why work at Chessington:
• £30 million state of the art modern facilities in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
• Fantastic support from line managers and SLT who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive
• A thriving Music and Creative Arts department with a good range of different backgrounds, roles and experience.
• Unparalleled CPD opportunities with cross trust and national development programs and bespoke opportunities to support your development
• We recruit for attitude and train for skills with excellent opportunities for career progression in a successful and expanding Family of schools.
• To be part of an 11 - 16 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in many subject areas across the family of schools.
• Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
• A school dedicated to well-being. Increased length of October Half Term, workload reducing feedback strategies and more.
• Free gym membership and many other staff benefits
• Independent, onsite childcare facility
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “The School has successfully raised the quality of teaching and improved students’ achievement in most subjects including English and Maths. The quality of teachers’ professional development is good; leaders have successfully created a good culture for staff development and ensures that teachers are suitably equipped for their subjects and other responsibilities. The behaviour of the students is good, they behave well in lessons and students are proud to be at the academy and enjoy coming”.