Baston House is an independent school for Primary and Secondary children with Autism. Our school is friendly, vibrant and well-resourced where our staff team offer a highly differentiated curriculum to children with a wide range of ability and a diversity of challenging attributes. Based in Bromley, Kent, Baston House School is within easy reach of Croydon, Sidcup, Forest Hill and surrounding towns.
Our staff team offer a highly differentiated curriculum to children with a wide range of abilities. With optimum class sizes of 6 pupils and the assistance of Teaching Assistants we are able to deliver personalised learning. We are totally committed to working with children with complex needs in order to raise their aspirations and achievements.
Job Summary and Duties
We are looking to appoint a qualified, dynamic and experienced Design Technology Teacher who is enthusiastic, committed and reliable with a passion to work with our pupils to start in September. You will be a strong and knowledgeable Teacher in your specialist subject of Design Technology and be confident teaching to GCSE level. We aim to nurture growth and develop every individual to their potential and we value staff development, providing good opportunities for subject expertise.
This role is offered on a permanent basis, working 40 hours per week (term time only) to start in September 2019.
In brief this role involves:
- Plan, deliver and teach Design Technology to individual students or small groups
- Devise, implement and review individual education and behaviour plans alongside other staff, communicating regularly with parents, carers, teaching and clinical staff to ensure consistency
- Positively contribute to the overall programme of learning for each student to ensure their progression
- Organise your classroom, resources and displays to provide a stimulating learning environment for students
- Safeguard all students and ensure their safety and wellbeing at all times
Key Skills Required
- Hold a nationally recognised degree and relevant qualified teaching status (QTS)
- Have proven experience of teaching Design Technology
- Be experienced working within an SEN setting, ideally with ASD although not essential
- Have experience of planning, delivering and teaching lessons to a good or outstanding level
Let us help you achieve your potential at this rapidly improving school, apply now or call us on 0330 998 0441.
Please note, although Outcomes First Group salaries are in-line with the National Teachers Pay Scale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your Interview.