11-18 Comprehensive, 545 on Roll, 400 in the joint Sixth Form
Design & Technology Teacher
(Food & Textiles Specialist or Resistant Materials/Graphics Specialist)
(TLR 2B £4,440 for suitable candidate)
Somervale School is a small school by design with a roll of 545 students, allowing for a personalised approach to teaching and learning. The school is growing in size and is held in high regard by the local community. Post 16 students are taught as part of the Midsomer Norton Sixth Form (400 on roll) with lessons being taught at both Somervale and Norton Hill. Somervale is part of the Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership (MNSP), a Multi-Academy Trust consisting of 3 Secondary Schools (Somervale, Norton Hill and St Dunstan’s) and 8 Primary Schools (Clutton, High Littleton, Academy of Trinity and Dundry, Longvernal, Midsomer Norton Primary, Farrington and Welton). The Trust schools have a total of 4,200 students on roll. This is an exciting time to be joining the MNSP. The school offers BTEC, VCERT, GCSE and A Level courses.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced person to teach in our Design & Technology Department (ability to teach across the Design Technology curriculum would beneficial). You should be highly motivated, proactive and able to support all students to achieve their potential. Our aim is to ensure students make the best possible progress and your teaching will be integral to this.
Somervale School serves Midsomer Norton, Radstock and the surrounding rural area where there is an abundance of attractive and affordable housing. The school is on the edge of the Mendips but close to both Bath and Wells
· Be committed to exceptional standards of teaching and learning
· Be able to motivate, challenge and inspire students to achieve their best
· Be able to establish and develop outstanding relationships with students and staff
· Be a team player able to contribute to key leadership decisions
· Contribute to our core vision and values
We can offer you:
· A forward looking and innovative school
· A school with outstanding behaviour and safety for all
· Good facilities for teaching and learning
· Leading edge professional development support to improve your practice including NCSL accredited training
· A school where care, guidance and support are central to ensuring students make outstanding progress
· A school where learning is really personalised
Closing date for vacancy: 09:00 on Friday 18th May 2018
Provisional date for Interview: Week Commencing 21st May 2018
Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.