Smart Teachers is recruiting for an engaging Design & Technology Teacher / DT Teacher to join a “good” secondary school in Surrey. This permanent Design & Technology Teacher / DT Teacher position will begin from January 2018. The desired Design & Technology Teacher / DT Teacher will ideally be able to teach food technology and textiles to KS3, KS4 through to GCSE, but are welcoming to all specialisms.
About the Role
· Design & Technology Teacher / DT Teacher
· January 2018 start
· Teaching KS3, KS4 through to GCSE
· Food technology and textiles preferred but all specialisms welcome
· Salary between £27,000 to £40,000 (dependent on experience)
About the School
· Average sized mixed secondary school in Surrey
· Rated “good” with “outstanding” features’ by Ofsted
· Heavily over-subscribed school
· Supportive of staff wishing to continue their education and professional qualifications
· Strong exam results with continuous improvement
· Well-resourced department
· Plan fun team building events for staff and students alike to keep the working environment healthy
In order to be considered for this role, the Design & Technology Teacher / DT Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Teachers with UK or overseas experience are welcome to apply. If overseas trained, teachers must have taught in schools where English is a first language
· Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent
· Must be in the UK available to interview face to face and teach a lesson observation
· Evidence of continuing professional development (desirable)
· Knowledge of strategies for raising student attainment (desirable)
· Willing to contribute to the wider life of the school (desirable)
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RXN12612.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.