Wellington College Hangzhou is part of the Wellington College China group of schools. It is the fourth Wellington College school in China. The Wellington College China group of schools follow the same essential ethos of Wellington College UK, building on their proud tradition. The schools share the Wellington College values of courage, integrity, kindness, respect and responsibility. In Hangzhou, we want our children to become the very best versions of themselves. We encourage and expect children to develop the Wellington identity: to be inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive. Wellington College Hangzhou opened in August 2018 and will grow to accommodate 1,600 children. As a new purpose-built school with excellent facilities, we offer a wonderful opportunity to join an enthusiastic international staff team, in a rapidly growing school, in a lovely part of the world.
Main Responsibilities of the post include:
- Contribute to the holistic well-being of all pupils and specifically to those assigned to your individual care.
- Make all students aware of the Wellington College Mission Statement, Values and Identity base including the Eight Aptitudes model of education, their values, aims, and display them in an innovative and informative fashion in the classroom and adjacent corridors.
- Undertake class management as a class teacher.
- Apply consistently and diligently the rules of the College in order to maintain discipline, standards of dress and to safeguard the happiness, safety and well-being of all students.
- Provide opportunities for the community to be involved in pupils’ and setting success.
The above list of duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive.
The candidate will demonstrate the following attributes: To be passionate about students’ learning and development and have:
- A deep understanding of the current literature regarding teaching and learning.
- A proven track record of success as a teacher.
- A proven record of experience in a successful school.
- Strategic awareness and the ability to think creatively.
- People management skills coupled with the ability to act as a coach to team members.
- A high level of integrity with an appreciation of working with diverse cultures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A vision and passion to help drive the appraisal and development of teaching and learning Junior High School.
- Some knowledge of leading a group of teaching colleagues from differing ethnic backgrounds and experiences.
Please email us your CV and cover letter with a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header.
Application deadline: 31 Dec 2018