Design and Technology Technician
Closing Date: 10 a.m. on Monday 18th November 2019
Salary: Scale 5- £24,462 to £25,809 pro rata actual £21,496 to £22,680
Contract type: 36 hours per week (pro-rata), Term Time only
Contract term: Permanent / As soon as possible
We require a highly skilled and qualified Design and Technology Technician to support the DT Faculty. The post holder will, under the guidance of the Head of Faculty, provide technical support to the Faculty and manage the resources and equipment in relation to DT workshops. Duties will include material and project preparation; assisting within workshops and classrooms on large projects or with larger groups; providing technical support as and when required; maintenance of tools and to manage the servicing of machines
Heartlands High School is a great place to work. We aim to cultivate staff that are passionate about their students and seek to support exciting lessons which engage learners. We encourage teaching that is innovative. Our continuing professional development ensures that staff work together to improve their practice. We empower staff to support both students and other staff through a high expectations culture within the school.
The School is in the heart of Wood Green close to shops, over ground, underground and bus links. You will be joining an energetic and dedicated team of teachers and support staff who are working to provide an excellent education to a group of diverse and rewarding young people.
The successful candidates will be responsible for duties including:
● Support the team in preparation of resources.
● Obtaining materials by local purchase.
● Giving technical advice to teachers, technicians and students.
● Carrying out risk assessments.
● Assisting in practical classes. Carrying out occasional demonstrations.
● To assist the team-leader with the day-to-day organisation and development of trainee staff to ensure that essential performance standards are achieved.
● Attending departmental meetings.
● To support the team-leader in ensuring the availability of suitable materials and equipment, compiling orders and liaising with suppliers and finance departments. This will include sourcing, costing and suggesting economic alternatives to maintain stock levels. Keeping up-to-date records of stock.
Please contact our Human Resources department on 0208 826 1230 or send an email to HR@heartlands.haringey.sch.uk if you require any further information or wish to visit the school prior to application.
Completed applications forms, with a covering letter addressed to the Head of School, Elen Roberts, should be sent to HR@heartlands.haringey.sch.uk by 10 a.m. on Monday 18th November 2019 . Interviews will be held on Thursday 21st November 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the School.
Heartlands High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and young people. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete a DBS check. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population
Please click on "Quick Apply " to apply for this post today.