35 hrs Mon-Fri 8am-4pm x 38.4wks term time only
(includes 2-week half term break in October)
ElmWey Pay 5 £21,943 (FTE), Actual Salary: £18,070
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic individual who is passionate about Design and Technology who can use their skills and experience to help our students succeed.
You will support teaching and learning by:
- preparing materials for lessons e.g. wood, metal, electronics and plastics and setting up equipment and tools.
- help ensure health and safety in the department,
- organise workshops and the preparation room,
- monitor and maintain stock and supplies
- coordinate the maintenance, inspection and cleaning of equipment including all machinery and tools.
The role includes working alongside teachers to support learning in practical lessons and demonstrations.
You must be able:
- to communicate effectively with young people to support learning and development,
- be flexible, committed and possess sound administrative and IT skills.
You should have experience of working in an appropriate technology or workshop environment and know how to operate and maintain machinery, tools and equipment and possess a working knowledge of health and safety requirements.
This is an excellent opportunity for graduates and those considering a career in teaching.
Application forms and further details are available from our website: www.heathside.surrey.sch.uk.
To apply please send a fully completed application form and to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note CVs cannot be accepted. Closing date for applications is midday on Monday 27th September 2021
ElmWey Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS disclosure. It is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Heathside is a high achieving 11-18 co-educational converter academy with 7 forms of entry totalling 1264 students on roll, 202 of whom are in the sixth form. In 2019 91% of students achieved Grade 4 English and Mathematics. At A level 71% of s...