Location: Based at Ark Schools’ London head office Holborn, central London. Moving to Shepherds Bush, West London in January 2020, but with significant travel between schools across UK
Salary details: £40,000- £45,000 per annum depending on experience + plus career average pension scheme + other benefits
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week
Vacancy type: Fixed Term, 1 year
Closing date: Monday 21st October
Interview dates: Scheduled to take place from Thursday 24th – Tuesday 29th October
About the role:
The Design Lead will work with the design team to design and produce English Mastery’s brand new, primary pilot programme.
The role holder will:
Write and develop teaching, planning and assessment resources
Design and deliver training to teachers
Support schools with their implementation of the programme
The Design Lead will also support teachers to deliver lessons which transform the way English is taught and studied at this crucial time in a student’s schooling.
· Experienced as a primary English teacher and lead
· Experienced in designing curriculum materials that have been used by others within and beyond your own context
· Experienced in designing training and CPD for teachers to support curriculum implementation
· Able to engage a range of senior stakeholders across the education sector, and affect change in a range of contexts
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience teaching in schools that are similar to those in the Ark network
· Able to demonstrate resilience, motivation and commitment to driving up standards of achievement
Ark is an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to give every young person, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. In the UK, we are a network of 37 schools, educating around 27,500 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference. Through Ark Ventures, we incubate, launch and scale initiatives that address some of the most intractable issues in education and society, both in the UK and around the world.
English Mastery is incubated by Ark Ventures and is a curriculum and teacher development programme that is designed to improve achievement for all pupils across all key stages.
• 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• 11% employer pension contribution
• Flexible working
• We are committed to providing high-quality professional learning throughout your career with us and offer a variety of training sessions and experiences designed to meet your needs
• Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans of up to £5,000 available for season tickets or a bicycle and gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym
How to apply:
This role is initially on a one-year fixed term contract. For more details or to apply with a CV and cover letter please do so on our online recruitment portal.
If you would like to have an informal and confidential discussion about the role please contact Claudia Parkes, firstname.lastname@example.org
Early applications are encouraged; we reserve the right to close this vacancy if we find the right candidate.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.