The ISF Academy in Hong Kong is an independent, not-for-profit K-12 school with an enrolment of around 2,000 students across three schools located on two campuses. Academic standards are high and the workplace culture is very positive.
The school is seeking a qualified, experienced, and passionate Design Teacher to work in the Secondary School for 2018/19 Academic Year. The MYP and DP courses are well established and extremely well resourced. New facilities for Design will enter service early in 2018. The School is seeking to increase its already considerable investment in this curricula area by establishing a technologically rich makerspace in collaboration with Stanford University.
At MYP, students make use of the Design cycle and are given a grounding in materials design, systems and robotics design in addition to fashion design.
The ideal candidate will have experience in teaching Design and be able to offer expertise one or more areas of materials design, robotics, product or systems design up to DP level.
- Assist in developing, coordinating, and implementing all subject-team programs and policies pertaining to MYP/DP and contributing to students’ ISF school experience
- Remain active and informed of current practices and innovations within subject and bring best practice to ISF colleagues, including using ICT for subject development.
- Introduce and maintain systems to monitor the safety of machines, tools and instructional spaces and practices.
- Introduce and update new and old policies in line with both internal and external influences.
- Work in a subject teacher team collaboratively to achieve team, MYP/DP, and divisional goals, including using data to raise student achievement and add value
- Attend regular subject team meetings
- Ensure that students’ work is regularly assessed and the assessments recorded according to MYP/DP principles and ISF practices
- Report to team leader and work collaboratively to facilitate regular communication and effective relationships between subject team and others
- Demonstrate openness in sharing information and keeping team leader informed of subject-team matters, including the monitoring of regular and effective homework
- Assist in maintaining student records, correspondence, and writing recommendations to support school transfers, as necessary
- Bachelor Degree in Education, or
- Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE or PGDE
- Experienced, excellent IB-MYP or DP teacher, or the equivalent
- Maintain positive, enthusiastic outlook, and good sense of humor
- Enthusiasm for subject and desire to communicate that to others
- Remuneration will commensurate with qualifications and experience. We will offer an attractive benefits package including medical, life, professional development & continuing education and transportation to the right candidate.
- With six years of relevant teaching experience, undergraduate / postgraduate training in education, and a master’s degree, you would earn around HK$57,610 per month (HK$10.8 = 1 UK Pound), as well as the contract completion gratuity.
- We offer a two-year contract with a gratuity of 15% of base salary, paid on successful completion of the contract.
Please quote with our “Ref: no.” and submit your application together with full Curriculum Vitae and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 31 March 2018
Personal data is collected for employment purposes only.
The Independent School Foundation Academy, Hong Kong