As a technician for the Design Technology department, you will provide support to the staff teaching Resistant Materials and Graphics, as well as Food Technology and Textiles where necessary. You will work closely with the subject teachers in each subject taught within the department to ensure students are supported to achieve their very best, and that the working environment is safe, well resources and operating efficiently. Experience with CAD, CAM and 3D printing to support teaching and learning would be desirable.
Your main areas of responsibility will include:
- Ensuring learning activities are prepared for, by assisting and teaching staff on the preparation and resourcing of lessons, the set up of classrooms for practical exercises, and trialling activities;
- Preparing equipment and materials for lessons in line with the specification of teacher requisitions;
- Advising students on the safe and proper use of tools and equipment.
- Supporting students in material preparation;
- Assisting in practical lessons and after hours activities when requested;
- Assisting in the safety, repair and general maintenance of all resources, equipment and tools, and with stock keeping;
- Ensuring implementation of health and safety regulations, including undertaking safety checks and risk assessments as required;
- Assisting in the safe and secure stored of equipment and materials, ensuring resources are in good condition and readily available for issue;
- Safe disposal of hazardous waste.
As part of the staff team at Horizon Community College, you will benefit from:
- Personalised professional development
- A strong community and culture of kindness
- An emphasis on staff wellbeing, including free breakfasts, free access to the fitness suite and HR drop-ins
- Excellent travel links to Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster, Leeds, Wakefield and beyond
- An emphasis for every member of staff to realise their potential
A Disclosure and Barring check will be undertaken for the successful applicant.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A disclosure and barring services check will be undertaken for the successful applicant.
Horizon Community College reserve the right to close this advert prior to the closing date above.
Horizon Community College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Thank you for your interest in joining Horizon Community College.
The economic, cultural and social landscape of Barnsley is changing. Opportunities in further education, higher education and professional roles are increasing; opportunities for indiv...