Design Technology Technician
Start date December 2019
We are looking to appoint a Design Technology Technician to support staff and pupils in the preparation and delivery of the Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 5 curriculum for Design Technology.
The applicant should be organised and methodical in their approach and have the ability to work without constant supervision.
Reporting to: Head of Design Technology
Salary: £12,407 to £13,889 for the Term Time, depending on experience;
Hours: Term time (Plus INSET days). 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
• To support the staff and pupils in the preparation and delivery of the KS2 – KS5 curriculum for Design Technology.
• To ensure that the learning environment (classrooms and display boards) are up to date.
• To prepare (and where appropriate manufacture) teaching materials, resources, and models as required ensuring effective support for teaching staff in the department.
• To monitor standards and practices within the classroom and identify and communicate improvements to working practices to ensure the highest standards are achieved.
• To assist with inventory of equipment and stock control in order to maintain a supply materials. Order stock as directed by the subject leader so that resources are adequate for lessons.
• To prepare and store materials in order to ensure classes are well equipped.
• To maintain and clean standard fixtures and fittings and prep areas on a daily basis.
• To support pupils in the classroom environment to assist in the learning process where appropriate.
• To maintain well organised teaching and materials preparation rooms.
• To maintain and create safe and tidy storage areas and storage systems.
• Be willing to learn new techniques and deliver as necessary.
• To assist classroom teachers as directed to produce creative displays for the department that can be used to enhance classroom practice.
• To work with the Subject Leader to organise Departmental Safety Audits.
• To undertake any other professional duties as set down in the Wellingborough Schools’ Pay and Conditions of Service document and as directed by your Line Manager and/or the Head teacher.
• To undertake training and development relevant to the post and in line with the School’s developing profile.
Salary: £12,407 to £13,889 (for the Term Time) - depending on experience.
Hours: Term time (plus INSET days) - 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Further details and application form may be downloaded from our website
Please complete the relevant School application form which can be found on our website: http://www.wellingboroughschool.org/Job-Vacancies ; we can only accept applications made on this form.
Please can interested applicants complete the application form and return it, along with a covering letter, to Lulu Corrigan, Acting HR Manager, Wellingborough School, London Road, Wellingborough. NN8 2BX. Applications by e-mail are welcome. Please send them to email@example.com.
(Other forms of applications will not be accepted)