To build a fair education for all, we need to unlock the potential in all children – not just some. Together, we’re making it happen. Every day, our work takes us closer to a better future. But we need to do more. It’s a big challenge – and we need your help to take it on.
Development Leads most frequently work on our Training Programme. Some Development Leads may also have the opportunity to work on one of our other programmes: Time to Teach, Reconnect with Teaching, Middle Leader, Senior Leader, and Headship programmes. You’ll have a designated portfolio of trainees and will work closely with the schools they are placed in, as well as their university tutors and school mentors. Your work will see them grow into leaders, committed to making a difference to educational inequality.
- Have you got QTS and have worked as a school leader?
- Have you got relevant phase knowledge (Secondary) and understand outstanding classroom pedagogy?
- Do you have outstanding knowledge of the Teachers' Standards?
- Have you developed, mentored and coached inexperienced teachers within a training route for at least two years. e.g. PGCE, Schools Direct, Teach First etc?
- Do you hold a full UK driving license with access to your own car to travel between schools? Travelling across the region is an expectation of roles based in non-London regions.
Yes to the above? Then we want to hear from you. You might be our next Development Lead.
There will be a two-stage interview process. If your initial application is successful, you will be asked to attend an assessment centre in London, most likely on the 22nd February 2020. The second stage of the process is a regional interview, taking place 24th February 2020.
Take a look at the job description and then complete an application on our careers website. Make sure you’ve got your CV and cover letter showing how you meet our essentials ready to upload. If you’re applying from an external job board you’ll be redirected to our careers website. (Please note, we only accept applications through our careers website.)