Development Officer (Alumni Relations and Events)
The Sevenoaks School Foundation Office has a team of nine staff who work closely together in the delivery of development programmes which include communications, engagement, fundraising, and stewardship and advancement services. The development programme seeks to raise awareness and engage parents and alumni in the advancement of the school through appeals and campaigns. The most recent campaign raised in excess of £15 million in support of new facilities, bursaries and our new Institute of Teaching and Learning.
To support the advancement of Sevenoaks School and the Foundation through the effective implementation and administration of engagement programmes including but not limited to alumni events and reunions, fundraising and stewardship events and support for the Friends of Sevenoaks School. A primary focus of this role will be the effective coordination and administration of the Old Sennockians (alumni) programme.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the annual Old Sennockian membership and induction programme for school leavers.
- Supporting the effective administration of all aspects of the Old Sennockians membership programme.
- Implementing an agreed annual calendar of local, national and international events and activities for Old Sennockians (including reunions, branch functions and special events).
- Proactively contributing to the Old Sennockians communications plans, particularly through social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Assisting in the production of digital content for OS Connect – the Old Sennockians online community – and proactively helping to maintain the platform.
- Administering all enquiries from Old Sennockians.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for school staff wishing to identify and contact Old Sennockians.
- Maintaining and improving Old Sennockian data.
- Undertaking research into Old Sennockians as directed by the Associate Director (Engagement).
- Contribute to the effective administration of Old Sennockian surveys.
Friends of Sevenoaks (FoS)
- Assisting the Director of Development and Associate Director (Engagement) in the coordination and administration of all FoS programmes, initiatives and events.
- Providing secretarial support at FoS committee meetings as required.
- Support to the effective implementation of the stewardship programme, particularly stewardship events.
Data and Information Management
Working closely with the Associate Director (Advancement Services) to maintain and improve data and all relevant information, working in accordance with all relevant legislation particularly, DPA, GDPR and PECR.
- Provide administrative support to all aspects of Foundation operations as requested by the Associate Director (Engagement) or the Director of Development.
The successful candidate will enjoy working with others and will have excellent interpersonal skills. They will be a very strong communicator, in writing, by phone and in person, used to dealing with a variety of individuals.
Previous experience of working in a school is not a requirement, but would be advantageous. However, lack of experience should not discourage good applicants from applying for the position.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- High level administrative skills.
- A good level of expertise in MS Office and CRM databases.
- A good working knowledge of event management and public relations.
- A working knowledge of posting and monitoring content on social media.
- The ability to plan and prioritise work streams.
- Knowledge and experience in the delivery of successful alumni programmes would be advantageous.
It is envisaged that for the right candidate this will be a full time, all year round post, working 40 hours per week. There will be some out of hours work and travel with this role.