GEMS Metropole SchoolDubai
Salary: Competitive Tax Free Salary. Furnished accommodation. Flights. VISA. Medical Cover. Tuition fee concession for dependants.
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Fixed Term
Start date: ASAP/Immediate
Suitable for NQTs: Yes
When you join GEMS Education you join an international education company with a global network of International schools and over fifty years of education experience. GEMS Education is the leading Kindergarten to Grade 12 operator in the world educating over 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. GEMS Education staff access the company’s professional development programme, one of the largest education training programmes in the world. This ensures the best possible academic outcomes as while ensuring that GEMS attracts and retains the highest staff calibre.
To find out more about GEMS Education visit: www.gemseducation.com
GEMS Metropole School, located in Motor City in Dubai, opened its doors in September 2014 and has continued to flourish and grow in student number and stature. The school is now open to students from FS1 to Year 11 and will continue to grow to become a full FS to Year 13 through school of 4200 students offering the National Curriculum for England. In such a small time, the school has become well-known for their key areas of success through the development of Engineering in Education and Health and Wellbeing as well as piloting the Skills in Schools initiative. In addition, the school has well-equipped classrooms, a highly competitive sports department, digital media rooms, innovation laboratories, dedicated science labs, music, art rooms and libraries. Most recently the school has completely overhauled its digital strategy to lay the foundations to further its position as a leader in associated technologies in the region. Students from our Foundation Stage classes have access to attractive indoor and outdoor learning areas, high-quality Information Technology provision, and most recently a special weekly visit to the STEAM laboratory, dedicated to students in the Early Years. In the Primary section, with the use of 1:1 technologies, students and teachers in the Primary section use iPads and interactive whiteboards to enhance learning opportunities where appropriate. The Secondary school continues to develop and grow and has seen the LEAD and skills programme blossom supporting students to make informed decisions and develop their learning and leadership skills. A new focus of personalised pathways is supporting students in their preparation for life after school and their journey towards success. In conclusion, GEMS Metropole School has recently been awarded accreditation status with the British School Overseas (BSO) and is a member of the British Schools of the Middle East (BSME). This allows both teachers and students alike to continue to grow and develop with the rich traditions of the National Curriculum offerings and align itself with ‘like schools’ across the region and overseas.
About the Role:
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, experienced school practitioner who will lead Digital Learning and computing across our GEMS Metropole School, Dubai.
Teaching at GEMS is not just a job, it’s a career. Our teachers enjoy free access to leading CPD programmes and have the opportunity to grow with the company on a global scale. With most of our leaders coming from within the GEMS network of schools, GEMS teachers are in a unique position to consider career opportunities across the world as we expand into more and more countries.
As well as being a great place to work; Dubai is a vibrant, cosmopolitan, rapidly expanding city where the sun shines all year round. Teachers in Dubai enjoy an exciting lifestyle, with opportunities for new and exciting leisure activities and travel across the region and further afield!
The ideal candidate will be somebody who can demonstrate effective curriculum planning, team teaching and model best practice.
The successful candidate will be a highly effective experienced teacher/leader who will:
- Lead on the development of digital learning focusing on pedagogy, standards and resourcing of the computing curriculum
- Work directly with teachers to inspire and be instrumental in developing their skills, pedagogy for excellence in student outcomes
- Be a part of a thriving Middle Leadership Team focusing on the whole school environment
- Promote the school to all stakeholders and the wider community
You will have responsibility for leading the following activities and undertaking the following key tasks:
- Collaborate with school leadership to identify the areas of strength and areas of development in the school.
- Provide professional development (training, coaching, mentoring, team teaching) in the form of Team Teaching, Lesson modelling and provided Professional Development sessions
- Provide feedback on key documents, including: SEF, Lesson Plans, Schemes of work and resourcing
Successful applicants will have:
- A fully certified teacher, holding a B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent with outstanding teaching standards
- Passionate about inspiring and instrumental in achieving excellence in teaching and learning for excellence in student outcomes
- Highly experienced in National Curriculum for England
- Efficient in people development and have proven leadership and communication abilities
- An active member of the Edu Twitter online community
As a teacher at a GEMS School you can expect:
- Students who are enthusiastic and keen to learn in a positive environment
- The opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- A school committed to doing the best for each and every one of its students
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax-free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, free schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of Service Gratuity.
GEMS Teachers also have free access to our loyalty app GEMS rewards www.gemsrewards.com which provides significant savings on day to day life in the UAE. We offer thousands of discounts and 2 for 1 offers on everything from flights, hotels, restaurants and retail outlets, making your salary go further and enhancing the opportunity to save whilst working overseas.
More about GEMS Metropole School
Type: Mainstream School
Funding status: State
Address: Honsho Road, Uptown Motor City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 550 7200
GEMS Metropole School, located in Motor City in Dubai, opened its doors in September 2014 and has continued to flourish and grow in student number and stature. The school is now open to students from FS1 to Year 13 with an all-through school capacity...