Appointment of Director Extramural Education Programmes
Qatar Foundation is looking for its first Director of Extramural Programmes. This is an outstanding opportunity to develop a new venture from scratch. If you are passionate about education in all its forms and have the clarity of vision to develop new opportunities for learning, you may be the person we are seeking.
QF Schools have an extensive and well-equipped estate. That estate is used by QF Schools for the education of children for 179 days per year, between approximately 06:30 and 16:00 each day. For the remainder of the time, the facilities are not being used for instruction/education and thus do not generate income for the Foundation.
There are two separate opportunities to leverage the facilities by providing additional education-related offerings (extramural programmes):
- Twilight sessions during the academic year when day school is in session
- Day-time courses that operate during day-school vacation periods
QF Schools intends to offer paid-for programs in each of these time-slots.
Programs will be:
- Developed under the supervision of a dedicated Director
- Delivered by a dedicated faculty engaged on a bespoke contract
- Offered to adult learners as well as to children
- Accessible to the general public
- Wide-ranging in scope
- Financially viable
- Academic; vocational; recreational
Dedicated faculty will be appointed locally, often from the pool of ‘trailing spouses’ or teachers looking for additional teaching hours. The opportunity to participate will be extended to QF teachers.
Courses offered in any given year will reflect the skills of the available faculty and the demand for courses. Only viable courses will run.
Some courses will be run in partnership with commercial providers but within QF Schools’ facilities. (summer sports camps, for example)