Click here to watch a video of David Johnston, Managing Director of Children’s Social Care & Learning, talking about this role:
Establish 'the' benchmark education authority
- In 2016 56% of Buckinghamshire pupils reached the KS2 expected standard in reading, writing and mathematics compared to the national average of 53%
- 74% of Buckinghamshire pupils achieve A*-C grades in English and mathematics GCSEs compared to 63% nationally (October 2016)
- 87% of our students attend good or outstanding schools (October 2016)
- Attainment gap widening – attainment levels at lower end are rising, but attainment levels at the higher end are rising faster
- 50,000 new homes to be built over the next 20+ years
- And budgets are tightening still further
- We are absolutely committed to taking all this in our stride, and driving forward an already high achieving education system
- And we're also absolutely committed to being a role model corporate parent, addressing issues around vulnerabilities, child sexual exploitation and radicalisation
So - how to enable us to become the best (and the safest) education authority in the country?
- You'll ensure children get a great education to help them reach their potential
- Life chances for children and families in Bucks will be enhanced
And when you do
- You'll create the role model for others to follow and your reputation will be made
- Your networks, skill sets and ideas will be in huge demand
- We'll do our best to enrich your career and develop you
- You'll open the doors to your choice of the most senior roles across public/private sectors and consulting
Find out more by accessing the video and candidate briefing pack at www.davidsonpartners.com/BCC1043.
Subsequently, for an informal and confidential discussion about the role, contact Hamish Davidson on 07932 698807/Hamish.email@example.com or Jack Williams on 07885 firstname.lastname@example.org or Colin Horwath on 07766 104662.