Qatar Foundation is growing fast and we’re looking for outstanding educators to join our team. The Foundation focuses on education, science and research, and community development, and we need the best people to help us achieve our ambitious goals. If you smile when you think about children; when you’re talking to parents; when you’re discussing new ideas in education; when you’re removing barriers to learning, you may be the person we’re looking for.
In pursuit of excellence in education, Qatar Foundation Schools is seeking an exceptional educational leader to serve as the Director of Qatar Academy Sidra, effective July 2020. Qatar Academy (QA) Sidra, as part of the Qatar Foundation Division of Pre-University Education, is a not-for-profit, co-educational international school that offers broad-based, international education programmes.
At QA Sidra we empower learners with ‘Roots to Grow and Wings to Fly’. We believe that in a dynamic world, we challenge learners of today to inspire them to be the change-makers of tomorrow. We believe there is a leader in everyone so we empower our learners with strong skills and a sense of self for a life filled with opportunity and meaning.
QA Sidra is a dynamic and responsive learning community that engages and challenges our learners, through concept driven and inquiry-based learning, so that they are academically successful. We inspire and empower our learners so that they are equipped as future change agents for a sustainable world.
QA Sidra is more than just a school, we are a dynamic, kind and responsive learning community.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Education or an Honors Degree, QTS and postgraduate qualifications in educational leadership
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in IB school/s desirable
- IB workshop leader and/or school visitor desirable
- Experience with IB and CIS/NEASC accreditation and evaluation desirable
- Record of holding senior roles of responsibility and pedagogical leadership in educational settings internationally
- Effective communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent English communication skills, proficiency in Arabic desirable
- Understanding and experience of best educational practices
- Understanding and experience with fostering a culture of collaboration
- Knowledge of and experience with restorative/positive approaches to discipline
The following are key attributes we are seeking in the successful candidate:
- A positive, goal-oriented, child-centered leader who has strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to create a dynamic and positive school environment conducive to student learning, academic progress, and social-emotional wellbeing
- Ability to problem-solve, think creatively to find solutions, and stay cool and focused in crisis situations
- Ability to anticipate problem issues before they arise and make plans to overcome them
- Ability to communicate clearly and in a timely manner any decisions or plans
- Ability to engage staff in a shared or collaborative leadership model where all staff have an opportunity to contribute to policies, processes, and systems
- Ability to think strategically and plan to meet long term and short-term goals of the school
- Demonstrate continuous professional growth by seeking a variety of opportunities
- Support school decisions, build and maintain positive staff morale
- Show respect and support for the local culture and traditions and engage staff to do the same
- Lead by example
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness with the ability to inspire a school community and manage the demands and needs of all stakeholders
The deadline for the receipt of applications is Sunday 8th September, 2019. The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received. Candidates should note that Qatar Foundation Schools reserves the right to make an appointment at any time, even before the deadline mentioned if an exceptional candidate is identified early in the process. For this reason, interested candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest possible time.
Candidates should complete in full the application form. In compliance with Safer Recruitment principles, applications with incomplete application forms will not be considered. Also, candidates should provide a statement of educational philosophy, including an explanation of why they believe they are the right person for the position
Applications should be submitted by email to Gina D’Souza with the subject:
Email address: email@example.com
Qatar Foundation Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and the vulnerable, and expects all who apply to share in this commitment. Offers of interview and employment will be subject to an enhanced background and criminal record check. All employees, volunteers, and visitors in QF schools are subject to the provisions of the QF Schools Child Protection Policy.