Working Opportunities with Wellington College in China
Wellington College China has schools in Hangzhou, Shanghai and Tianjin. Our schools, for pupils aged 2 to 18, are expanding rapidly, so we are looking for talented teachers in most subjects. We offer attractive packages and prioritise teachers’ professional and career development. The Wellington schools in China all have world-class facilities and resources.
We are now recruiting staff to start for the school year 2020-2021.
Director of Admissions
Wellington College Hangzhou
Wellington College Hangzhou is seeking an exceptional Director of Admissions to drive the College’s admissions strategy. The Admissions Director leads, coaches and guides the Admissions team to deliver annual enrolment targets by recruiting pupils at all points of entry across the three Hangzhou schools. This is a Senior Leadership position which sits on the College’s SLT and will play a key role in it’s exciting development and growth plans.
The Director is responsible for the overall management and day-to-day running of the Admissions Office:
1. Manage all aspects of the admissions process and deliver on annual enrollment targets
• Develop, execute and regularly monitor admissions plans
• Enhance and execute key processes (including parental contracts, application fee, tuition fee, uniform, bus, lunch etc) to guide parents and students through the admissions processes, ensuring a smooth and engaging process. Devise and improve procedures as necessary.
• Be the first point of contact for all enquiries regarding admissions, providing all prospective families with a friendly, professional and helpful service from enquiry to entry.
• Oversee all communication to prospective parents ensuring timely responses of a high quality which are warm, engaging and well-written, and promote the reputation of Wellington College Hangzhou at all times
• Conduct school tours for all prospective parents, coordinate all admission tests and arrange interviews with academic staff
• Advise parents on criteria for scholarships and bursaries
• Manage wait lists, ensuring pro-active ongoing communication with waitlisted parents
• Maintain contact and relationship with parents throughout the enrolment process until the first day of school, ensuring warm and positive communications at all times
2. Admissions Data
• Maintain the student database system and ensure all data and files are complete and up-to-date, enabling responsive decision making and accurate forecasting
• Produce breakdown of numbers of current pupils and projected pupils by year group for Executive Master and governors, and historical recruitment data to enable accurate projections to be made. Monitor trends to aid planning.
• Provide reports for – and present at – Board meetings as required, providing high quality and accurate data and forecasts to inform School Development Plans and strategic decisions• Provide uniform shop with accurate projected numbers for the next academic year by gender by year group to enable optimum stock purchase
• Keep abreast of admissions trends in the market especially in competitor schools and provide competitor analysis / reports.
3. Events and PR
• Actively represent the school in local community, business and networking events, promoting the reputation of the College at all times
• Organise open days/mornings and attend Admissions Fairs (at weekends and evenings as required)
• Maintain the admissions page of the College website and in collaboration with the Director of Marketing engage in social media activity to promote the College and strategies to promote the College in the local and wider community
4. Leadership of the Admissions Team
• Lead and coach the team to deliver against targets and to ensure delivery of a high quality admissions process at all times, including responsibility for performance appraisals and development plans to the team are continuously developed and engaged
• Work closely alongside the Executive Master and SLT to promote a positive work culture and high levels of employee engagement
• Collaborate with the SLT and all staff to develop a culture where admissions is considered a whole school responsibility.
• Participate actively in the wider aspects of College life
• Develop relationship with other Admissions Directors in the Group and with WCC Central Office to share best practice and promote collaboration. Attend Group-wide Admissions meetings as required.
Please email us your CV and cover letter with a photo to email@example.com indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header.
To find out more go to https://www.wellingtoncollege.cn/careers/