Position: Director of Boarding
Salary Range: $101,850 to $121,610
Tenure: Full-time (5 Year Contract)
Commencing Date: January 2020 (Term 1)
Location: Abergowrie, QLD
Closing Date: Friday 30th August 2019
St Teresa's College, Abergowrie is a Catholic secondary boy's boarding college. Located in an ideal rural setting in the heart of the Herbert River Valley, the College is approximately 30 km north west of Ingham and situated on Warrgamay land. The main industries are sugarcane, forestry, and cattle. Abergowrie is close to Wallaman Falls which is the highest single drop waterfall in Australia and the beautiful Broadwater National Park.
What we are looking for
We are seeking applications for Director of Boarding to commence within our College in 2020 for a 5 Year Contract.
The Director of Boarding is responsible for all College boarding matters affecting the residential life of the students. As the Director of Boarding, you will ensure that the Mission Statement of St Teresa’s College, Abergowrie, is the guiding principle of residential life. You will be responsible in developing and monitoring a philosophy of residential life that will contribute to the faith development of the students.
You will report directly to the Principal and participate as a member of the College Leadership Team and will work with all other members (Principal, DP Pastoral & Administration, AP Learning & Teaching, AP Religious Education) to ensure the positive academic, recreational, spiritual and physical development of the boys at the College. This role manages a team of 30 people.
How to apply
- Complete the application form
- Upload a current resume with details of relevant qualifications
- Upload a written response in no more than two pages to the following:
- Commitment to the Catholic faith;
- Previous experience:
- in a boarding or residential environment; and
- supervising staff
- A desire and the capacity to ensure a successful experience for the students and staff of the College;
- An affinity with rural and regional Australia;
It is preferred (but not essential) that the Director of Boarding is a registered teacher.
What we offer
An attractive remuneration package including:
- Competitive salary range: $101,850 to $121,610 (depending on experience)
- 5 weeks annual leave - with leave loading paid on 4 weeks
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Applications close TBC
For a confidential conversation please contact Stephanie Giorcelli on 07 4773 0900
For further information regarding the remuneration package please contact TCEO Staffing Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
To obtain the Position Description, please click here.
Applications close 4pm Friday 30th August 2019.
To find out more about the Region visit:
Hinchinbrook Shire Council
Broadwater National Park