Leading Independent School in Adelaide
Westminster School is a leading coeducational, day and boarding Uniting Church School located in Marion, south-west of the city. We promote being courageous, curious, inclusive, kind, mindful and resilient and aim to instill these values in both our students and our staff.
Our Mission is to provide an exceptional education for students Preschool to Year 12.
About the Director of Boarding/Head of Boys’ Boarding
Full-time, Fixed term tenure of 3 years – Permanent appointment as Teacher.
Residential position which includes provision of on-site housing.
Commencing Term 1 2020
0.2 FTE Teaching load
The Director of Boarding/Head of Boys’ Boarding is a residential, senior pastoral and administrative position within Westminster School. Reporting to the Principal, this position is assumes overall responsibility for the effective and successful planning, management and operation of the Boarding program at Westminster School. The Director of Boarding/Head of Boys’ Boarding is also responsible for the efficient running and management of the Boys’ Boarding program.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead the Boarding function, including the provision of quality all-round residential care and services for boarders
- Develop and drive strategies to improve the efficiency, quality and outcomes of Westminster Boarding programs
- Lead and manage boarding staff; undertake line management responsibilities
- Take responsibility for the day to day facility management and general state and appearance of the Boys’ Boarding House.
- Foster strong relationships with Boarder parents and communities
- Communicate regularly with individual parents regarding the needs of their children and respond promptly to parental communications
- Ensure boarding house compliance with regulatory requirements (eg WHS)
- Prepare and monitor boarding house budget
- Undertake a teaching load within the Senior School
Key Selection Criteria: Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (eg teaching)
- Current South Australian Teaching Registration (or ability to gain)
- Previous demonstrated experience in a boarding leadership role
- Proven ability to manage and lead staff, ie rostering, recruiting, performance development and management
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing a budget
- High level of administrative skills
- Sound understanding of Work, Health and Safety requirements as they pertain to a boarding environment
- Knowledge of legislative requirements regarding medical care of students is desirable
- Current First Aid certification (or ability to obtain)
- Exemplary classroom practitioner with a proven record of student outcomes
Key Selection Criteria: Personal Qualities:
- Demonstrated ability to deliver effective pastoral care to students/boarders in years 7-12
- Well-developed ability to communicate and liaise effectively with students, parents, school staff and other community and agency members
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build positive and effective working relationships
- Is nurturing, warm and friendly, is approachable and personable
- Displays patience, compassion and flexibility
- Enthusiastic, resilient and optimistic educator
- Innovator and initiator, committed to lifelong learning
- A team builder who inspires others to learn and grow
- A team player demonstrating a ‘whole School’ and ‘whole child’ perspective
A position description is available on our website under Careers www.westminster.school
For further information about this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to Mr Simon Shepherd, Principal
Applications close Monday 14 October
Applications will only be accepted when submitted through Seek.
Westminster, where you can achieve more than you thought possible.