Skegness Grammar School is now recruiting for a Director of Boarding. This role, at Skegness Grammar School’s Boarding Facility at Wainfleet Hall, could be the ideal next step in your career.
Providing our young people access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences is what drives us. Our students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to develop, learn and lead. From the classroom, to cultural visits, sports, music and arts and engaging with our local communities, the rich and varied experiences we create help fuel ambition and unlock potential. The education and experiences equip our young people with the leadership skills, team spirit, resilience and confidence to become outstanding citizens.
About the role
Responsible for the provision, promotion and development of the boarding facility at Skegness Grammar School.
To develop and lead on the School’s pastoral strategies and secure the highest quality education, care and well-being for our students.
Provide a lively, secure environment for boarders.
To ensure and support the welfare, safety and happiness of the boarders.
The Director is resident on site throughout the term and has overall responsibility for the boarders.
Responsible for all staff members who work within the boarding house.
This is a permanent role, working over 52 weeks a year. Hours are full-time, including at weekends, evenings and out-of-hours on-call. The role will require longer working hours prior to students arriving and during term time.
Read more about what we offer our Boarders at Wainfleet Hall.
Salary & Benefits
· c£30,000pa – subject to experience
· Provision of residential accommodation at the Hall (covered by lease agreement)
· Access to generous Local Government Pension Scheme
· 30 days annual leave (to be taken during school holidays)
Who we are looking for
· Track record of success in pastoral care at a leadership level, with evidence of boarding training or extensive equivalent experience
· Knowledge, understanding and practical implementation of safeguarding and confidentiality
· Ability to establish excellent working relationships within the team and, for that team, with the whole school community
· Establish and maintain effective and constructive relationships across the academy and wider community
· Competent and able to exercise discretion, maintain confidentiality and lead the function and a team
· Proven experience in the provision of information and communicating with academy staff, parents/carers pupils and external contacts
· Ability to delegate well and enable others to succeed
· Commitment to the welfare of young people and an interest in the holistic nature of boarding education
· Talented, ambitious and enthusiastic
· Considerate and empathetic
· Evidence of implementing strategies which positively impacted on the boarding experience of pupils
· Ability to contribute to strategic planning for whole school development
· Experience of a multi-cultural environment is desirable
· Able to exercise authority, possess empathy and show students, by example, how to achieve a successful balance between work and recreation
· An enhanced DBS check is required
· Flexibility, including a commitment to evening and weekend work
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
To apply for the position, please complete our application form by visiting our website.
Skegness Grammar School is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.