LETOVO is a school in which each child will grow, achieve high academic, creative and sports results, communicate, socialize and having growth mindset in life in general, with strong Russian educational and cultural traditions. At Letovo we implement state of the art practices in top schools globally while retaining the best of established Russian tradition.
To ensure that the students of Letovo School can enroll in the best universities of the world, we seek to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Director of Career Counselling with international mindset, high level of networking experience and deep understanding of Letovo School's vision, mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Interaction with universities and promotion of the school:
1. Creation, presentation, and promotion of the school profile in accordance with the expectations of the target universities.
2. Promotion of the school among the admissions committees of target universities and international organizations NACAC, the IACAC, the College Board, and the ACT.
3. Establishing contacts with key decision-makers at target universities to promote the school and students.
4. Interaction with universities regarding admission issues, requests for detailed individual information on the university’s GPA requirements, exam results, written works, and student profiles.
5. Organization of campus tours in the universities in Russia and abroad, assistance in organizing meetings between representatives of the universities and the Letovo School students and presenting their achievements.
6. Organization of fairs with the invitation of admissions committees’ representatives of the target universities
In terms of selection of universities and the creation of application plans:
1. Consultations on the choice of specialization (major, program) and informing students about the educational systems, specifics of admissions, requirements, and specializations in the target universities in an introductory format.
2. Organization of Open Talks on planning the application process and selecting universities, career guidance, and choosing between specializations.
3. Joint work on the extensive general list of universities for application, analysis of the admission chances with tutors and teachers, adjustment of the list, finalization of the list of universities.
4. Putting together students’ portfolios.
5. Planning of summer activities: student programs at universities and companies, internships for schoolchildren, campus tours at universities, volunteer activities.
7. Organization of events, discussions, workshops with groups of students and teachers to inform them about academic and career prospects, career counseling at the school.
8. Interaction with representatives of universities and members of professions and their invitation to events with students in the format of seminars, discussions, debates.
9. Conducting seminars/webinars with teachers and career consultants on writing letters of recommendation for the target universities in the US and UK.
Relevant Qualifications and Desired Experience
- Higher education (pedagogy, psychology, business research, marketing, PR, economics)
- Over 10 years in international educational projects
- Experience in managing the process of student applications to international universities.
- Established contacts in the admissions committees of the leading international universities from the world’s top 25.
- Experience in organizing educational, career counseling, and professional development events.
- Experience in building and developing mutually beneficial partnerships between educational organizations.
- Experience with CRM systems and digital tools.
- Ability to build trusting relationships with parents and students.
- High-level networking experience in building creative and mutually beneficial relationships that positively affect the School’s strategic and tactical development.
What we offer:
- Initial appointment for two years and thereafter annually renewable
- Highly competitive salary
- 3-month probation period
- Accommodation on campus (apartment)
- Visa and work permission support
- Return flights home once a year
- Reimbursement of relocation expenses
- Medical and dental insurance
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 12 - 17 years