Tes are working on behalf of an establish Trust that are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Director of Development & Strategy on a full-time permanent basis. The start date is flexible and would dependent on the availability of the successful candidate (April 2022 / September 2022).
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to take on a new role within the Trust that has been designed to help them continue developing the family for years to come. It is one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in the South and East of England with 45 Primary and Secondary Academies in the family. Their ultimate aim is to ensure they drive educational standards through the provision of outstanding teaching, leadership and learning for all.
The Trust is now looking for someone to lead the next chapter of professional development and strategy realisation across the trust. This will include oversight of the Learning and Development Network; trust-wide strategic projects designed to eliminate barriers to learning for their most disadvantaged children; strategic and practical curriculum support to their schools; promoting and enabling everyday flexibility of working and to develop their leadership teams beyond what may have previously been considered their potential. As part of the Trust’s SLT, this role offers the kind of rewards you can only find from improving the prospects and life chances for literally tens of thousands of children and young people.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- To ensure the safeguarding culture is actively promoted and upheld
- To contribute fully to setting and driving the strategic direction and outcomes of the Trust as a member of the Senior Leadership Team
- To work collaboratively with other Senior Leaders to develop and implement the Trust’s Improvement Strategy
- Take oversight of additional strategies that emerge over the year which fall outside of the agreed Improvement Strategy
- Develop a clear and coherent vision for the Learning and Development Network, communicating with and engaging partners and schools with this vision
- Lead the strategic direction of the Learning and Development Network
- Lead the Trust’s Mental Health and Wellbeing strategy for staff and pupils with all stakeholders ensuring it meets the needs of the family, is responsive to the unique challenges of the current times and evolving accordingly
- To support and secure delivery of excellent teaching and learning throughout all academies within the Trust through the promotion of the highest levels of professional standards and rigorous monitoring and evaluation of teaching quality and pupils’ achievement
The Successful Candidate:
- Educated to a degree level and/or further qualifications e.g. MA, NPQH
- Substantial experience of being an outstanding practitioner with a good record of leadership and management ideally within challenging educational environments
- Ability to demonstrate successful performance management of direct reports towards outstanding outcomes
- An understanding and experience of working with schools in diverse communities within a National MAT landscape
- Proven experience in developing a strong team culture with senior leaders and developing strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to demonstrate experience in making sound judgements and prioritise issues/risks effectively
- Relevant recent professional development that prepares the candidate for this role
- Experience of successful delivery against agreed strategic plans
- Ability to articulate clear visions and strategies for schools
"This role will be demanding, yet highly rewarding. It requires strategic thinking, but with practical expertise. And as part of the TKAT SLT, we are looking for someone who can demonstrate their own balanced approach of professionalism, determination, affability and - dare we say - having fun" - CEO.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org REF KR 1522627
PLEASE NOTE: If shortlisted, you may be asked to complete the schools application form.
Tes Schools Recruitment represents Schools and Academies across the globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher/leader for every role.
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...