Dubai College is seeking to appoint a dynamic, creative and experienced director and teacher of drama to lead this key department from September 2019. Drama and Theatre Studies play a significant role in the life of the College and the successful applicant will be able to combine high standards of teaching, which inspire innovative practice among students and colleagues, with visionary direction of cutting-edge school productions that unlock our students’ full creative potential.
Please follow the links to trailers for recent Dubai College productions of Guys and Dolls and Our Day Out.
A full job specification can be found in the vacancy pack attached and this is also available on our website https://www.dubaicollege.org/join-us/recruitment/teaching.
All applicants must:
- have a good honours degree in drama, theatre or a related discipline and a PGCE qualification with QTS (or equivalent)
- have a minimum of two-years teaching experience post qualification of teaching drama to A Level in a British curriculum school
- have an outstanding knowledge and understanding of the theatre’s history, with a natural skill for theatre education and a breadth of direction and performance skills
- be able to demonstrate a portfolio of sophisticated productions on a large and small scale
- possess a proven track record of academic success
- be able to motivate students so they achieve their potential within a supportive, caring and very positive environment
- have excellent digital skills and experience of production-related lighting, sound and technological set ups
- be exceptionally well organised with strong communication skills
It would be an advantage if applicants:
- were an existing Head of Drama
- have experience of leading and assessing LAMDA or Trinity drama qualifications
- have experience as an examiner for a UK examining body
Dubai College operates its own teaching scales. The contract of employment provides for a generous basic salary (currently tax free), medical insurance and terminal gratuity. In addition, allowances are available for accommodation, school fees and relocation as well as an annual flight allowance.
Applicants should send a completed application form by email to Annie Kirkaldy, Headmaster’s Assistant on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Saturday 24th November and interviews will be held from Monday 3rd – Friday 7th December 2018. There is the potential for a final stage interview in Dubai between Saturday 8th and Thursday 13th December.
Dubai College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and operates child protection screening which includes contacting previous employers and Disclosure and Barring checks.