Teaching and learning is at the heart of what we do. Educational outcomes are driven by great leadership and the quality of pedagogy and learning. As a group of schools and colleges we have a cohort of boarding and day students from 4 to 18 years old and it is imperative that we keep a sharp focus on the education of the young people in our care and continually drive for the very best student outcomes. The remit of an Education Director is demanding and wide ranging, you will, under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, design, drive and measure the development, implementation, and success of our strategic plans for education. Providing our school leaders, schools, and colleges with outstanding support and acting as steward to the development and improvement of student outcomes, in order to contribute to the wider vision of Bright Scholar.
The role reports directly to the CEO.
GROUP STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP & VISION
- Play a key role in implementing the organisational vision to inspire the next generation of world shapers and become a world leading international school’s group
- You will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer in the development of the schools and colleges in line with CATS Global School's (CGS) growth strategy and vision
- To work closely on the integration of any new schools joining the group
- Proactively to identify initiatives from the world of education that could enhance the experience of the students, teachers and leaders in our schools and colleges
- Through the Director of the CATS University Foundation programme continue to develop and further professionalise this key route for students to progress to top tier UK Universities.
- Line manage each school leader and hold them responsible for academic outcomes and continuous improvement
- Work with school leaders and where applicable, the governing body to develop a consistent educational strategy across the group, ensuring CATS Global schools and colleges remain a beacon of excellence in every aspect of educational provision
- Initiate and chair the education advisory board across the group
- You will develop, in consultation with the Heads, school specific and group-wide continuous professional development strategies, building CATS Global Schools reputation as a ‘destination brand’ for the very best teachers, leaders and support staff across the globe
- Build the group’s reputation as an employer of choice attracting the very best talent from across the globe
- Take measures to improve academic outcomes by creating an environment that encourages learning and a culture of high achievement
- Support and advise school leaders to ensure all statutory education regulations are adhered to
- To maintain a strong, current knowledge of the latest pedagogical developments globally and lead by example in encouraging colleagues across the group to be outward facing in their approach
- To develop and publicise an educational philosophy and framework for CATS Global Schools. Creating measurable outcomes, driving change and improvement
TEAM DEVELOPMENT & RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Recruit, retain and develop a team of outstanding educationalists and leaders to support the growth of the group
- Facilitate and host events which empower the development of leadership and effective practice across the group
- Be a ‘critical friend’ to the Heads, evaluate performance and support their leadership in the pursuit of excellence
- Build a strong working relationship with the Chief Executive and key stakeholders
- Act as academic representative at board level
- Be a compelling ambassador for the group and play a key role in building the organisation’s global credibility as a leading education provider, through appropriate forums and thought leadership presence in our markets
- Proactively manage relationships with awarding and accrediting bodies
- Proactively manage counterpart relationships within the parent company
- Act as the key group contact for Universities world wide and extend the number and range of partnership agreements in place. This aspect of the role will also require you to work closely with the Higher Education Advisors in the group's schools
The Director of Education will be an exceptional leader with the experience, expertise, and ambition to contribute to the growth and success of CATS Global Schools, as a leading international schools’ group. We are looking for an individual who is knowledgeable and committed to developing young people, in enabling excellence at all levels and in doing so will make CATS Global School an industry leader with a culture of continuous, innovative, and engaging professional learning. They will need to inspire others to drive for excellence and champion the needs of students to enable them to thrive.
- Strategic Thinker
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills across a range of audiences
- Ability to hold people accountable
- Supportive and encouraging
- Change manager
- Linked to our values of persevering and pioneering.
- A track record of successful senior leadership experience, developed in high performing UK, US, or international senior schools
- Strong academic and intellectual credentials to command the respect of colleagues across the schools and colleges
- Proven experience of leading and developing high performing teams with a clear commitment to the continuing professional development of all colleagues
- 15+ years' experience in senior roles
- Experience of group level senior leadership within high performing UK or international senior schools
- Strong academic and intellectual credentials
- Master’s Degree or above
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally on a regular basis
Please contact Katy Luckett, Group Talent Manager for a full application pack.
Closing Date 27th September 2021
CATS Global Schools
- English secondary schools