Hangzhou CIS is committed to an inquiry and concept-based approach to teaching and learning. Collaborative teaching and learning is an integral part of the programme which promotes critical thinking advances communication and organisational skills.
With conceptual and inquiry-based teaching and learning, students are engaged in interesting, authentic learning experiences building on prior knowledge and understandings.
The purpose of the integration of technology and information literacy at Hangzhou CIS is to support and further enhance highly effective teaching practices and improved learning.
Teachers and students are empowered to purposefully and effectively leverage technology and information literacy capabilities within the context of evolving practice at Hangzhou CIS.
1. Hold a Masters Degree and a qualification in learning technologies
2. Has a minimum of 5 years experience in Education (schools) and ICT
Key Attributes of the Director of Education Technologies:
1. Good listener, with excellent social skills, and able to work closely with staff;
2. Good depth and breadth of pedagogical knowledge and strategies to help teachers who are at various stages of technology integration;
3. Knowledge of how to organize/structure a technology-rich classroom, and awareness of relevant classroom management skills;
4. Good at planning technology-rich activities or projects with individual teachers;
5. Knowledge of effective grouping strategies, and able to partner with staff in developing integration opportunities;
6. Knowledge of curriculum framework and design, and how technology can support it;
7. Recognized by staff as a strong teacher/perhaps an outstanding teacher who will keep teachers up to date with current research on issues related to the integration of learning technologies;
8. Preferred: has Chinese language skills
Director of Education Technologies is a full-time specialist position responsible for the successful integration and support of 21st century learning skills across the School curriculum by:
Teaching and Instruction:
• Co-planning, modeling and/or co-teaching plus co-assessing (where appropriate) learning activities which authentically embed 21st century learning skills as outlined in the CIS Tech Integration Framework;
• Ensure that the Tech Integration Framework’s enduring understandings and guiding questions are authentically embedded into MYP curriculum;
• Assist faculty in becoming confident and independent in the delivery of technology-infused instruction within the integrated curriculum model.
Leadership and Curriculum Development:
• Continue to develop, define, promote and share the vision and framework for 21st century learning at CIS;
• Promote ethical use of technology and develop authentic projects that actively work towards developing digital citizenship among staff and students;
• Collaboratively work with the Leadership Team to further develop the effective use of technology at Hangzhou CIS
• Provide regular professional development opportunities to help build teachers understandings around 21st century learning skills;
• Co-ordinate and run mentor programs to help classroom teachers understand the paradigm shift of 21st century instruction;
• Work with staff to develop and promote use of 21st century tools for efficiency and productivity in their jobs.
Communication and Collaboration:
• Promote and share successful 21st century learning projects with the wider school community;
• Provide some info and training sessions for the parent community.
Research and Evaluation:
• Ensure ongoing professional growth through personal research and development as well as through attendance at appropriate workshops and conferences;
• Coordinate, perform and regularly monitors the way technology-use is embedded in the curriculum;
• Continually research how technology can enable and enhance curriculum delivery based on current best practice;
• Experiment with new uses of technology in education before making them broadly available;
• Ensure that the faculty are informed of professional resources and new ideas in the use of technology in education and enable them to become more self-sufficient researchers.
• Co-ordinate with the Leadership Team on the development of the annual technology budget;
• Co-ordinate with the Network Manager & Technologies Support Officer in maintaining up-to-date databases of curriculum resources;
• Collaborate on the development and implementation of school policies related to 21st century learning.