The Diocese of Bath & Wells is seeking to appoint an exceptional and inspiring leader to have strategic responsibility for the Education Department and support the Board of Education in the development and implementation of its vision and priorities.
Our aim is to promote education and learning based on the Christian faith and its values so that children and young people may have life in all its fullness. To answer this call our experienced department offers a diverse range of services, activities, resources, courses, advice and guidance to the equally diverse range of schools, colleges, universities, chaplaincies, youth groups and parishes that exist in our diocese.
As our new Director of Education you will:
- Be the Secretary to and senior executive of the Diocesan Board of Education
- Provide inspirational, strategic and spiritual leadership of the Education Department
- Ensure the delivery of a high quality service and engagement with schools, parishes and families which keeps children and young people as a key focus
- Champion the distinctive work and mission of the church in schools and academies within the diocese
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships, being a representative and advocate for the diocese.
To be successful you will have:
- Senior leadership experience in education
- A vision and passion for the Church’s work in schools and academies, chaplaincies and informal settings with children and young people
- The ability to engage and build strong relationships at all levels
- An understanding of the structures and culture of the Church of England
A Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) exists that the holder of this post is a practising Christian of a denomination which is a member of ‘Churches Together in England’. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Disclosure will be required.
For further information and to apply please visit: http://www.bathandwells.org.uk/vacancies/
Closing date: Sunday 24 June 2018
Interviews: 11 and 12 July 2018