Director of English
Salary: Leadership Scale Points 7 to 11 £49,501 to £54,622 per annum
Hours: 1 FTE
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: September 2021
Heritage High School is a happy, safe and stimulating place to work and learn and it is our determination to continually improve that sets us apart from other schools. We believe that learning should be fun, challenging and stimulating and the quality of our people lies at the heart of achieving our goals. As a school we are passionate about caring for our students and have an excellent pastoral support system for our students to complement the teaching and learning.
Heritage High School are looking for their next Director of English, someone who is determined and committed to raising the standards of progress and attainment for English at our school. Are you the ambitious and forward thinking teacher who is enthusiastic, passionate and inspiring with excellent inter-personal skills we are looking for to raise student achievement within our English faculty?
As Director of English you will be a key member of the schools leadership team and will play a vital role in moving our current English curriculum forward in order to engage and motivate all students. If you have an excellent track record of raising student attainment through outstanding teaching and learning this is your chance to be part of a vibrant community school within a supportive Trust.
We are looking for an individual who has experience of leading an area of departmental improvement and have demonstrated effective leadership skills which has led to quantifiable improvement within their current role. The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- Demonstrate the ability to teach good or better lessons.
- Play a contributory role in influencing developments in teaching and learning at our school.
- Be forward-looking, innovative with aspiration for further professional enhancement.
- Be committed to pedagogical developments amongst his or her peers.
- Secure continued improvements in student achievement beyond expectation.
- Demonstrate a flexible, inclusive and participatory approach to teaching.
- Contribute towards the further empowerment of our students as active learners for a lifetime of success.
- Role model excellent subject knowledge through teaching and learning
- Have the ability to review and develop challenging schemes of learning
We would highly recommend prospective candidates to come and visit our school and see our excellent facilities. Please contact Angela Lindley on 01246 810259 or email email@example.com to book an appointment.
Why join us?
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all of our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people.
- Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.25.
- Free car parking.
- An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
- The ability to request flexible working.
- Entry to a career average pension scheme.
- A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
- A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: Monday 25 January 2021 at midday
Interviews will be held on: To be confirmed after the closing date
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
Heritage High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years