Director of English
Leading Practitioner Range L8 – L12 (£46,799 - £51,639)
Head of English
Head of English MPS/UPS + TLR1c £8,453
Required for April/September 2019
Due to the relocation of a member of staff we are seeking an experienced and successful leader of English. The ideal candidate will either be an ambitious practitioner with a proven track record as Head of English and who is looking for a role that will prepare them for a senior leadership position or a successful Teacher of English who is ready for a middle leadership position. For both roles the successful candidate must have the ability to make a real impact and continue to drive up attainment and progress in English. The Malling School is increasingly becoming the first choice school for parents. As a result we are currently oversubscribed.
What we can offer you:
• Opportunity to gain experience that will prepare you for a senior leadership position
• Robust behaviour systems
• No formal observations – instead Developmental Learning Walks with ongoing feedback, helping you and your department to continuously develop
• CPD starts as soon as you are appointed
• A new building with great facilities and a very pleasant location in Kent
The successful candidate will be:
• An excellent and innovative teacher of English, with proven middle leadership experience or proven responsibility within an English Department, who will play an important role in leading English into its next stage of development
• Proven experience of leading an English Department or a Key Stage within an English Department
• Someone who does whatever it takes to ensure that every pupil has the best chance to achieve their potential
• ICT literate and proactively uses ICT to enhance their teaching and leadership
• An excellent team player with the ability to work under pressure It is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious practitioner wishing to further develop their career.
For the Director of English position you would be an associate member of the Senior Leadership Team, with the possibility to study for the NPQML/NPQSL.
For the Head of English role will have a development plan to become a Director of English.
Please indicate on your application form which role(s) you would like to be considered for.
We welcome visits and would be delighted to show you around our School to fully appreciate our excellent learning environment.
Please apply via the KentTeach/TES website. For more information or to arrange an informal visit please contact the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 4 January 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 7 January 2019
The Malling School is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of welfare of all children and young people.
All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, CV Checking Service, Occupational Health check and two satisfactory references. Applications will be considered upon receipt and we reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy should sufficient interest be received. Therefore, early application is recommended to avoid disappointment.