The Chalk Hills Academy have an exciting opportunity for a Director of English to join a flourishing and thriving department from September 2019. This vacancy has arisen due to the internal promotion of the current post holder to the position of Assistant Headteacher. The Chalk Hills Academy are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. Our academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs. Our facilities includes a brand new gym with new equipment from April 2019
The role of Director of English will suit an outstanding practitioner with a proven track record of improving outcomes within an English Department. You will work closely with the Curriculum Leader for English to drive up attainment and progress. The successful candidate will have good interpersonal skills, be able to collaborate with colleagues, flexibility and enjoy working as part of a team. You will build on existing good practice, strengthen partnerships, and ensure our academy is well supported to deliver an excellent education to all students.
It’s incredibly important to us here at The Chalk Hills Academy that all our teachers feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Chalk Hills Academy!
Visits are warmly welcomed.
1. To play an active role in the development of the English curriculum providing specific expertise and guidance and lead on the delivery of mastery programmes and the KS3/4/5 curriculum.
2. Be accountable for the learning and achievement of all students studying English at The Chalk Hills Academy.
3. To liaise with subject colleagues and TLR holders at The Chalk Hills Academy to support strategic development, share good practice and plan collaborative activities.
4. To ensure that The Chalk Hills Academy is represented positively locally, regionally and nationally within any educational context.
• Start date: September 2019
• Salary: L9 – L11 - £48,687 - £51,234 + up to £2,000 for Recruitment and Retention for an exceptional candidate
• Job Role: Full time, Permanent
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
• £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
• You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
• Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
• All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
• Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
• Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
• Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “Together with your leadership team, governors and the trust you have established high expectations for behaviour, teaching and achievement. Leaders have made sure that strategies are in place which have led to improvements in the quality of teaching, learning, assessment and the curriculum. Leaders have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour. Leaders work well with staff to ensure that the school is typically a calm, orderly and purposeful environment.” Ofsted May 2018
Applications welcome from the TES