The George Eliot School is an academy sponsored by North Warwickshire and Hinckley College through the Midland Academies Trust. The school is an extremely ambitious and increasingly successful academy that has undergone significant transformation over recent years. The George Eliot School is seeking to appoint an outstanding English practitioner to lead the English department. The successful candidate will lead and inspire the English team to deliver excellent progress for all students and provide a secure base for exceptional results at the end of KS4. We are looking for someone who is driven, ambitious, willing to contribute to further developing whole school English performances and has a proven track record in delivering an extraordinary learning environment.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a highly aspirational and rapidly improving school that adopts a no excuses approach to school improvement.
- To be part of a supportive school where all staff receive bespoke CPDL to develop classroom practice.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a leader with passion
- Has aspirational expectations for all students
- Possesses creativity and enthusiasm for student focused teaching and learning
- Thrives on being part of a collaborative approach to improvement
- Demonstrates a willingness to take ownership of their own development
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for successful candidates.
If you are interested in this post please contact us at the school for an application pack or visit the school website:
The George Eliot School,
Telephone: 024 7674 4000
Closing Date: Monday 5th December 9am
Interviews: Week Beginning 5th December