The Emmanuel Schools Foundation (ESF) provides centres of academic excellence where staff and students have the opportunity to achieve their personal best. We strive to create an environment and provide facilities for young people to develop their academic, moral and spiritual potential to the full. It is our desire to produce students who are well rounded, wise, confident, able young people who reach their full potential and go on to higher education and to significant careers.
We believe in economic regeneration and prosperity in the North East, and that full and satisfying lives can be achieved by the development of the young people within our Schools.
We are seeking an outstanding Chief Finance Officer and Head of Support Services to join us from March 2017 and play a leadership role in our expanding Trust. You will be joining at a pivotal time for the Foundation as it obtains Multi-Academy Trust Status.
As a key member of the Executive Team and reporting to the Board of Directors, you will be responsible for:
- all financial aspects of the Foundation, ensuring statutory financial obligations are met;
- looking at ways to generate income and securing efficiencies across the schools through joint procurement opportunities and improved use of technology;
- the strategic management of our support services function which consists of business innovation, finance functions, IT, HR, projects and facilities, uniform procurement and distribution and catering.
To be successful, you will have:
- a recognised accountancy qualification;
- a proven track record of managing people, finances and resources, and organisational change;
- significant experience of producing detailed management reports and completing funding applications;
- highly developed communication and interpersonal skills;
- the vision, drive and ability to think strategically and support the delivery of outstanding educational outcomes for the young people in our schools.
This post represents an exciting and stimulating opportunity for an ambitious and talented senior leader to be part of the continuing development of the Foundation.
Closing date: Noon on 2nd December 2016.
Interview date: w/c 12th December 2016.
ESF takes its responsibility for safeguarding children very seriously and successful applications will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Disclosure along with standard pre-employment safeguarding checks.