Our high-performing College offers a great opportunity for a highly-skilled and experienced finance professional to join our senior leadership team as Director of Finance and help us maintain excellent financial performance as we face the challenges of the future.
Scarborough Sixth Form College is an open-access College, which provides general education primarily for 16-19 year olds in the area. The College is rated Good by Ofsted (and is close to Outstanding) with excellent value-added in learner outcomes, and has outstanding financial health. With a strong track record of successful financial management, and skills in accountancy, alongside substantial experience of management and leadership of others, you will have the expertise and commitment to join our senior leadership team and enable us to achieve educational excellence, while sustaining financial health by optimal deployment of our resources.
Key duties of the Director of Finance include:
- to act as a College leader through your role on the College Management Team
- to line-manage the finance, estates and catering teams
- to be responsible overall for College financial systems and processes, including payroll and pension administration, and ensure they meet the requirements of probity
- to prepare financial accounts, statements, forecasts, and returns
- to lead on the development of College estates strategy, and advise on the resource options to maintain and develop the College estate
- to have oversight of College health & safety and data protection arrangements
As a well-established and successful College we can offer:
- a high-performing and professional working environment
- a college-wide team of friendly and supportive colleagues, with a shared passion for learning
- a strong commitment to professional development and staff well-being
- excellent facilities (including low cost cafeteria and gym membership)
The role of Director of Finance will ideally suit candidates already working in a broad business support role (for example, a bursar in an academy or a practice manager) or those candidates from a finance background keen to broaden their responsibilities and gain experience of managing other business support services. Professional support is available through the College’s collaborative work with other local sixth form colleges, access to forums for finance directors and through the national organisations for colleges, such as AoC and SFCA.
Closing Date: Tuesday 23 January 2018.
Interviews are provisionally arranged for Thursday 8 February 2018.