Permanent | LPR 1 – 5 (£39,965 – £44,106) | September 2019
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and talented leader and teacher to take our Geography department to the next level of successful performance. The successful candidate will have a track record of excellent outcomes and examination experience and contribute as a member of our extended leadership team. The role will also make a significant contribution to whole school development of teaching and learning.
Our 11 – 18 school and collaborative Sixth Form is going through an exciting period of change. Sir Thomas Wharton Academy is part of an innovative Multi-Academy Trust with four primary and two secondary Academies providing quality education and support for families and young people within the locality.
The successful candidate will:
- Have vision, energy and enthusiasm for learning and teaching
- Be proactive, innovative and focused on student outcomes
- Be an aspiring, ambitious leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a proven track record of delivering and shaping high quality teaching and learning and outcomes
- Be an advocate of partnership working and community engagement
In return we offer:
- An opportunity to contribute to developing curriculum teaching and learning across the Learning Trust
- Modern learning spaces which inspire outstanding teaching and learning
- Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development at leadership level
- Mentoring and support from an experienced leadership team
If desirable, prospective candidates are invited to visit our Academy. Please contact our recruitment partner, Jessica Galvin to arrange a visit on 0114 217 1556 or Jessica.Galvin@Hays.com
This post involves working with children and therefore, if successful, you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
How do I apply?
For more information, please contact Mrs Anna Slack, Senior Leader Teaching and Learning at email@example.com
To request an application pack including role description, person specification and application form, please contact our recruitment partner, Jessica Galvin, on 0114 217 1556 / Jessica.Galvin@Hays.com
Completed applications including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role should be addressed to Mrs Yvonne Bootman, Associate Principal and submitted to Jessica Galvin - Jessica.Galvin@Hays.com
Closing Date: Monday 29th April 2019 at 9.00 am
Interviews: Thursday 2nd May 2019