Director of HR
SHAPING THE FUTURE OF PREP SCHOOL EDUCATION
Our family of seven schools is unique. Alongside delivering exceptional academic results and pastoral care, they celebrate individuality and offer the freedom to enjoy childhood. As one of the UK’s leading independent prep school Trust, with a historic pedigree, we’re also proud of our status as an educational charity. We have the capability, expertise, ambition and resources to move prep school education forward – by providing the best education for our pupils, now and in the future.
The purpose of the role is to define and lead on Human Resource operational initiatives including all aspects of the employment life cycle. The Director of HR is a member of the Trust Office Executive Board and has functional accountability for Human Resources across the Trust Office and Trust Schools. The HR function at Trust Office acts as a central HR advisory service for best practice and quality to our schools as well as playing an active role in the strategic development of the Trust as a whole.
The ideal candidate will be:
• A Graduate
• CIPD qualified to level 5 essential or 7 desirable, with experience of working in Education ideally, as well as commercial settings
• Previous exposure of working with and as part of Senior Leadership Teams
• Strong employee relations and employment law experience.
• Track record of HR project delivery
• Knowledge and experience of all HR functional areas
• Management experience
• Sophisticated interpersonal skills
• High emotional intelligence
• Strong written communication skills
• Skills associated with the HR function; interviewing, mediation, performance management, training & facilitation, change management.
• Strong computer literacy, ideally Google and HRMIS
Please email your CV and covering letter to HR@cothilltrust.org
Closing date for this role is Monday 27th January 2020
The Cothill Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to undergo statutory checks before commencing work at the Cothill Trust.