Founded in 1969, the German Swiss International School (GSIS) is one of Hong Kong's leading international schools with a German and an English stream. With over 240 staff members we provide a dual language education to a multinational student body of more than 1300 students, leading to various international exams. We are inviting applications from candidates for the following position:
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
The Director of Human Resources, as an HR business partner, shall create an unrivalled environment for exceptional teachers and support associates and to drive the strategic personnel development of the school. The role of the Director of Human Resources is to create, maintain and monitor efficient and effective human resource policies, procedures and practices that support the school’s vision and strategic objectives and contribute toward a collaborative and communicative work environment at our school and comply with the legal requirements of Hong Kong. The position reports to the COO and forms part of the senior management of GSIS.
• Work with the senior management and the Board as an HR business partner
• Develop and implement HR best practices
• Contribute to strategic change at the school
• Create and implement a creative, effective recruiting and induction programme
• Design, implement and maintain a competitive pay structure
• Create and implement learning and professional development programmes
• Contribute as a mediator/counsellor toward a collegial and collaborative atmosphere
• Manage and monitor the disciplinary process where necessary
• Joint responsibility for preparing and monitoring staff budget
• Supervise and manage the HR department
• Internal communication of HR related matters
• Highly motivated, energetic and open to partner with school management to drive change
• 10 years of international HRM experience or equivalent in progressive, multinational organisations, preferably in the education sector
• Experience as a driver of professional development
• University degree in business/personnel management/organisational & industrial psychology
• English language fluency, German and / or Cantonese a plus
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Outstanding interpersonal and problem-solving skills
Please apply with cover letter and CV, via our online recruitment portal (https://mygsis.gsis.edu.hk/careers/job-openings/) to the Chief Operating Officer.
German Swiss International School
11 Guildford Road
The Peak, Hong Kong
Chief Operating Officer Tel.: +852 2825 8127
Further information about the school and its facilities is available on our website at: http://mygsis.gsis.edu.hk
Applicants not invited for interview after six weeks of the application deadline may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.