Are you an ambitious and outstanding teacher and leader? Are you at the peak of your teaching career and are seeking progression? Are you keen to join a growing multi-academy trust and make a difference? If so, this role applies to you…
Leigh Academies Trust is ambitious about the progress and development of teaching and learning within Early Years and Key Stage 1. Our mission is to create an outstanding organisation that inspires learners with excellence in academic achievement and personal development. Across the Trust, we view Early Years as a critically important stage in which all children must achieve to prepare them for the future. We now want to go further and establish the Trust as a leading Early Years educator, hence we are seeking to appoint a highly experienced practitioner to drive this. We want to innovate in the teaching of Early Years and Key Stage 1, preparing our children for success during the rest of their time at school.
As one of the country’s most successful multi-academy trusts operating in North West Kent, Central Kent, Medway and South East London, we are looking to appoint a leading practitioner in Early Years and Key Stage 1 to join the Trust in the role of Director of Improvement. Your overarching responsibility will be to lead on innovation and improvement across all of our primary academies (nine at present). This is an additional position within our central team and a truly fantastic opportunity which will significantly strengthen our existing Academy Improvement Team even further.
You will have no formal timetable of your own; your commitments will be rich and varied, working across Early Years and Key Stage 1 teams throughout the Trust to drive further improvements. If, as an exceptional middle or senior leader, you have an outstanding track-record of success as both a teacher and a leader, we want to hear from you.
You will support and advise Early Years leaders and senior staff with a focus on Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. The role will require a practitioner with a diverse skillset, exceptional knowledge of curriculum frameworks and first-rate leadership skills. In return, we will provide a highly innovative and largely unique role that will give you very high levels of job satisfaction working across a group of academies in close geographical range. All of our academies are firmly committed to achieving ‘Outstanding’ and will embrace your excellent contribution on this journey.
To aid your success in the role, you will be part of a supportive group of senior colleagues and you will be given the opportunity to undertake further development wherever possible.
Our successful candidate will be:
- An enthusiastic and energetic leader of Early Years/Key Stage 1 or existing senior leader with proven success in your current role
- A motivational and engaging specialist with outstanding knowledge and high expectations of all staff and students
- Confident, inspirational, and able to communicate and deliver a clear vision for Early Years and Key Stage 1 across the Trust
- Committed to developing our children to reach their full potential regardless of background or circumstance
- Approachable and willing to work with staff across the Trust.
In return, our successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive salary which reflects your experience and expertise
- Excellent opportunities to develop your leadership skills and your overall career as a lead Early Years educator
- Freedom to drive Early Years education to make a real difference to student outcomes and their long term employability
- To be at the very centre of developments and to take Early Years and Key Stage 1 education to the next level
- Access to a range of benefits available for all LAT employees - click here to view what you’d receive as a member of staff with Leigh Academies Trust.
Naturally, we are seeking to appoint the best possible candidate and therefore the application process will reflect our desire to undertake all necessary measures to achieve this. Suitable and interested candidates are encouraged to make contact with our Education Director, Sharon Waterman, which can be scheduled by contacting Sarah-Jane Bingham, PA, on email@example.com / 01634 412 203. We welcome suitable and interested applicants to submit a full application via the 'Apply' button below.
The closing date for applications is Monday 20th May 2019 at 12noon. All applications will be acknowledged on receipt. Shortlisting will be carried out shortly after and candidates will be notified to confirm their attendance at the interview stage. Interviews and associated assessment activities are scheduled for Thursday 23rd May 2019.
Queries: If you have any queries on any aspect of the application process or need additional information please contact Olivia Couzins (Head of Recruitment) on 01634 412 240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for a glimpse of what life is like working for Leigh Academies Trust and why we're so proud of what we do.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.