Director of Inclusion KS4, member of the senior leadership team.
The SILS Management Committee are seeking to appoint an experienced and effective school leader to the position of Director of Inclusion (KS4).
SILS is an alternative provision for secondary aged learners who are out of mainstream education mostly due to social, emotional, behaviour and / or mental health needs (SEMH). Every member of the SILS community is valued. Our ideal candidate will have strong inner city school leadership experience and a track record of delivering improved outcomes for learners who may be have additional needs or may be disengaged or disaffected.
As our KS4 provision has undergone leadership changes in recent years, we are looking for a successful individual to stabilise the team, with the intent of reinforcing high expectations to enable learners to succeed.
The Director of Inclusion, working alongside the Headteacher, will take a major role in:
• Ensuring the smooth and effective running of KS4
• Leadership of inclusion, behaviour management and key areas of the School Improvement Plan
• Leadership of Year 10, including their progress, emotional well-being and personal development
• Providing strong and inspirational leadership to support staff and overseeing effective Performance Management Programme to support the delivery of the school’s vision, aims and objectives
• Building strong partnership with parents, mainstream schools, management committee, the local authority and other professionals
• Promoting a culture of learning, aspiration and achievement within a safe school environment
What we offer:
• Learners with enormous potential
• Focus on high expectations and improved outcomes, which includes development of learners into confident resilient responsible young adults
• Supportive environment in which your enthusiasm, commitment and passion in making a difference to the lives of our students will be rewarded
How to apply:
Informal visits to SILS are welcome and encouraged. To arrange, please contact Carol Hepper, business manager on 02075251150 or email email@example.com
To apply please go to the school's website www.silsschools.org
Finally, please note that an application form and supporting statement (max. 2 sides of A4) detailing how your experience, qualifications, skills and abilities meets the requirements of the role, should be submitted before the closing date.
Closing date: Friday 8th June 2018, 12 noon
Interviews: Week of 18th June 2018
SILS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.