Contract term: 2 Years, with annual option to renew thereafter
The Sheikh Zayed Private Academy for Girls is looking to expand our international teaching staff. We believe that outstanding teachers are the cornerstone of an outstanding school. By building on our teachers’ pedagogical practice through ongoing professional development we best serve the educational needs of our students and honor the concept of lifelong learning.
The Director of Languages plans, organizes, and directs the activities of the language department whose functions are to provide and promote multilingualism for our students and school community in our context.
Amongst others, he/she will perform the following duties:
- Provide professional leadership and management of all languages (ELL, MT, MFL, US Curriculum) across the school to secure alignment of high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improved standards of learning and achievement for all students. This is a whole school K-12 role, answerable to the Principal / CEO.
- Support, guide and motivate teachers of the subject and other adults e.g. classroom assistants, administrative and technical staff promoting a positive staff culture, good practice and continuing professional development.
- Monitor, evaluate and be accountable for the standards of teaching and learning within the department.
- Be accountable for the efficient and effective day to day running of the department including student behavior and the effective deployment of staff and resources.
- Carry out a systematic approach to self-evaluation in line with school policy.
- Develop the department, in line with the overall needs of the school, with an understanding of how the subject area contributes to school
- Plan, organize and coordinate all operational language activities in the Language Department;
- Ensure effective communication between the SLT and staff Languages Department
- Supervise budget preparation and follow its execution, and advise SLT on the budgetary and financial needs of the department’s operations;
- Monitor best practice in the school across the languages; align in policy and practice where possible
- Represent the Language Department as needed in SLT meetings
- Assigning staff and material resources based on priorities and workload, coordinating and evaluating the work of staff and providing guidance on work problems;
- Assess the professional development training needs of staff in the Department, monitor and evaluate their performance, and recommend personnel actions to the SLT
COMPETENCIES (skills, experience and knowledge):
- Demonstrated ability to make effective, timely and well-determined decisions;
- Proven ability to build and lead motivated and committed teams across functional boundaries, and utilize talent and expertise of team members in a productive way;
- Strong managerial, interpersonal and communication skills; ability to think strategically
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work programs, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work effectively with other educational professionals in a cooperative team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to present and win support for ideas; a good listener; high level of integrity, discretion and confidentiality;
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
Please submit your CV, and accompanying letter summarizing why you would be the best fit for this role.
The closing date for applications is May 30, 2018.
We will then contact the most suitable candidates to invite them for Skype interviews immediately following.
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in a language-related discipline
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of experience of which must be at a HOD level in languages;
- PGCE or equivalent qualification in Education
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
Application email: email@example.com