Your new school
Hasmonean Multi-Academy Trust is made up of two schools on separate campuses which lie a mile apart. The Boys’ school is in Hendon and the Girls’ is in Mill Hill. Both schools share a common staff and together they are a centre of educational excellence. Hasmonean is one of the best performing comprehensive schools in the country: our students attain consistently high standards in their GCSE, A/S and A Level examinations. The vast majority of our graduates go on to study in world-class seminaries, before pursuing university education and a wide variety of careers. The highest expectations are shared by students, staff and parents.
Your new role
We are looking for a dynamic and inspirational leader to take the helm of our outstanding English department while our existing Director of Learning is on Maternity leave. You will lead a committed team of highly experienced teachers in delivery exceptional learning experiences for students. If you are a respected English Teacher, have leader and management experience and proven outstanding classroom practice, then we would like to hear from you. You will be highly organised, knowledgeable in using data to support students and have the ability to communicate effectively with clarity and sensitivity to the school community. You will enjoy leading and being part of a team and be flexible and creative in your approach.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Qualified Teacher Status
- A good degree in English
- The ability to motivate, challenge and inspire staff and students
- The experience of, and commitment to, the education of the whole person promoting social and emotional well-being in addition to academic development
- High expectations of staff, students and self
- Sensitivity to the school ethos
What you’ll get in return
- Well-behaved, highly motivated students
- Top performing comprehensive
- Genuine family atmosphere in both schools
- Comprehensive state school but has much in common with independent schools
- Small schools where every child is known and valued
- Diverse and friendly staff body who come from a variety of religious and ethnic backgrounds
- Supportive atmosphere for everyone, both staff and students
- A nursery on site for staff
What you need to do now
For more information and to apply, in the first instance please contact Brett Coventry at Hays Education on 020 3818 7041/07879 692409 or email email@example.com
The appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS clearance.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people