Are you looking for the next step in your career? Do you have a passion for your subject? This professionally challenging but rewarding post will appeal to those seeking a position on the extended Leadership Group of a school, in a school with high traditional standards, well behaved and aspiring pupils, and which provides a breadth of leadership opportunities. The ideal candidate will:
- Need to exhibit strong leadership and mentoring skills;
- Have a proven track record of managing a pastoral or curriculum team;
- Be able to motivate and inspire colleagues;
- Demonstrate a passion for their curriculum subject;
- Be passionate about inspiring pupils of all abilities and from all backgrounds and
- Support whole school initiatives in teaching and learning and provide feedback to Senior Leadership on matters concerning their Faculty.
In return we can offer you:
- A reduced teaching commitment of 13 taught periods per week;
- Career development and training;
- The opportunity to be part of a vibrant, inspiring and supportive team, where everyone’s contributions are valued and encouraged;
- A unique opportunity to work in one of the leading state boarding schools in the country and
- As a permanent member of staff you can apply for a day admission place for your child at St George’s School, subject to meeting the requirements of criterion 2 of our published Admissions Criteria.
Working at St George’s also comes with a number of free additional benefits: on-site parking; access to excellent sports and fitness facilities; childcare vouchers and provision of lunch.
For further information about the role and how to apply, please see the attached Application Pack and Application Form.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory full enhanced, with list checks, Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure.
Closing date: 20/01/2021 12:00:00
Interview date: 29th Jan 2021
For more information and to apply: see attached Application Pack and Application Form.
This post is available for both teaching and non-teaching candidates. Please ensure you complete the form that is relevant to you.
St George's School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years