This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and inspiring leader to join Caister Academy. The successful candidate will work alongside the Assistant Principal for Teaching & Learning, within an established leadership team, to build upon the Academy’s reputation for excellence and ensure the future sustainability of its success. They will be responsible for the leadership of areas related to the quality of students’ learning, including the teaching of literacy across the curriculum, and curriculum content across the Academy. This role will be particularly suited to experienced middle leaders with evidence of sustained positive impact.
Caister Academy is one of Norfolk’s leading co-educational secondary schools, situated in the coastal village of Caister, just north of Great Yarmouth. It is well regarded for excellence in performing arts and English, with aspirations to lead nationally in all areas. As part of Creative Education Trust we work in collaboration with other local Academies, and receive development opportunities and support from Creative Education Trust at a national level.
We are looking for a leader who:
• Has a passion for education and a special gift of communicating that passion.
• Is innovative, self-motivating and able to inspire others.
• Has the ability to teach outstanding lessons across the age and ability range.
• Has the highest expectation for the attainment of all young people.
• Enjoys working as part of a team to ensure the success of our community.
• Is driven to relentlessly remove barriers to students’ success.
In return Caister Academy will offer you:
• A thriving, innovative learning community, committed to excellence.
• A supportive, welcoming community of professionals.
• Extensive development and collaboration opportunities, through the Creative Education Trust network.
For further details, an informal discussion about the role, or to make arrangements to visit the academy, please contact Ruth Woods, the Principal's PA, on Head@caisteracademy.org.uk or call 01493 720542
Applications close: 17 April 2020 at 3pm
We are an equal opportunities employer with a firm commitment to the professional development of all our staff.
Creative Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake relevant safeguarding checks.