Co-Creating the Future: A Unique Opportunity
Avenor College is seeking a Director of Learning
Avenor College is a non-profit school founded 10 years ago with a unique vision: to blend the best of international education with a strong Romanian influence, developing young people equipped to succeed anywhere but committed to making a contribution at home. The school name Avenor College references our shared vision of 'creating the future'. The school has been very successful and has grown each year. Our enrolment is expected to exceed 500 by 2020.
We have also grown in our knowledge and created a learning experience for our students that blends local curriculum with elements drawn from Cambridge Education. We are early members of the Common Ground Collaborative (CGC) and our Avenor learning culture is framed by the learning definitions and principles of the CGC.
We have grown in other ways too, not least in our understanding of the nature of learning leadership. Our Co-Founder and current Executive Director, along with her team, now feel that the current strengths in leadership need to be complemented by the addition of a Director of Learning to provide the central learning leadership to the school.
Essentially, the Director of Learning and the Executive Director will be working in a close partnership, collaborating on leading and managing the whole school. The Director of Learning will focus on 'the learning business' (Learning, Teaching, Assessing, Internal Communications, Admission) while the Executive Director will focus on the other business (Financial, Legal, Advancement and External Communications).
The Director of Learning of the Avenor College is the Learning Leader of the School, the person who provides the leadership and management necessary to make sure we fulfil the learning vision of Avenor College.
We seek a Director of Learning with a passion for education, vision, drive, ability to innovate and inspire, with energy and capacity to lead the School to a positive and successful future. The successful candidate will offer:
- Proven successful performance in leading the development of learning systems such as those described above.
- A Higher Education Degree with an M.A. /M.Ed. /M.Sc. or equivalent an advantage.
- Demonstrable Leadership experience in high level pre-university programmes, such as iGCSE, A levels, IBDP. Previous success in international school management, as Head or Deputy Head and demonstrated Board Governance experience.
- Successful experience in different multicultural environment; Interpersonal/Inter-cultural sensitivity and an enthusiasm for embracing the Romanian culture.
- Aptitude in the use of technology in an educational setting, combined with a demonstrated support of technology integration across the curriculum
- An excellent command of the English language; mastery of Romanian (or any other Latin) language being an advantage.
- The ability, working with the Executive Director, to represent the school with a range of external organizations, locally and internationally.
- Excellent professional presence and well developed people skills.
The Terms and Conditions
The remuneration package will be commensurate with the responsibilities of the position and will include the following:
- Competitive salary and benefits package including: high quality 2-3 bedroom apartment; flights; medical insurance for employee and dependents; 80% tuition support will be provided for any successful applicant with school-aged children.
- The position will be offered on an initial three-year contract term with annual renewal thereafter.
Applications should be addressed to Mrs. Diana Segarceanu, Executive Director, to email@example.com and should include:
- a complete resume, a good-quality, recent head-and-shoulders photo
- the names of at least three referees with their current phone numbers and email addresses
- cover letter explaining your strengths and why you would like to work at Avenor College (and live in Bucharest Romania)
- a statement briefly outlining your educational beliefs and leadership style
Closing date: December 5th 2016.
First-round interviews will be conducted via Skype.
Final interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held at Avenor College, Bucharest (Romania) in December 2016.
However, Avenor College reserves the option to invite selected candidates to interviews in advance of this schedule.