- an outstanding teacher.
- experienced in coaching staff and able to show the positive impact of your coaching in terms of improved student attainment.
- an inspiring leader, who is able to mould, direct and focus a team on a common purpose.
- a creative thinker and a good communicator.
- able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills and a proven track record of successfully implementing change.
- ambitious for further promotion within three years.
There are opportunities for a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to:
- Undertake a wider executive role within the trust in mathematics through our Leadership, Learning and Teaching Commission/Challenge Partners Hub.
- Be part of the Senior Leadership Team of the academy with a whole school role and responsibility.
- Undertake training in inspection skills.
- Be supported on an appropriate Leadership Programme, NPQH, NPQSL with the trust or our partners as part of our trust Talent Management Programme.
We are looking to appoint an inspirational Director of Learning for Science who shares our belief in the highest standards of academic achievement in a comprehensive setting. You will lead a dynamic and innovative Faculty that values the contribution of everyone. You will be an outstanding teacher of Science with an energy and passion for planning and delivering high quality lessons and achieving excellent results for students, instilling in them a love for the subject and a desire to learn. Kempston Challenger Academy has a well-established and ambitious Science Faculty which has a tradition of good teaching and high standards.
You must be a team player, organised, versatile and who is able to motivate young people. You will have high expectations of students’ achievement and behaviour, and be an effective communicator. You will also have a knowledge of techniques that help students to access the curriculum and succeed.
If you have the drive and commitment to change young peoples' lives by working in a fast paced, dynamic environment, then Kempston Challenger Academy would welcome your application.
Kempston Challenger Academy is part of the Challenger Multi Academy Trust. Our partnership with CMAT is a really exciting development that will transform secondary education in Kempston.
Kempston Challenger Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. In accordance with the Police Act 1997 all posts in schools are subject to disclosure of criminal records