Required for September 2019
Director of Learning for Science
MPS/UPS + TLR1B
Millais is an Outstanding (Ofsted 2014) 11-16 girls’ comprehensive in which the students are eager to learn and expect to be challenged in all areas of the curriculum.
We require a dynamic and inspirational Director of Learning for Science who is aspiring to Senior Leadership and has the qualities, skills and experience to lead our highly successful team and ensure that teaching and learning remains innovative and exciting to maximize achievement for all students. The role will offer significant leadership development opportunities across our Teaching School Alliance.
The successful applicant will
- be an outstanding teacher
- have the ability to develop a team that ‘leads’ the field in innovative practice and maximises achievement for all
- have a passion for their subject and a commitment to extra-curricular programmes which enhance the learning experience
- have a track record of achieving excellent results based on exceptional student progress
- have the potential to play a leading role in school to school support and professional learning across a network of schools
The role requires the successful candidates to be able to stimulate the interest and curiosity of the students who are eager to learn and expect to be challenged in all areas of the curriculum.
In return we will offer you the opportunity to develop your leadership potential working with highly motivated students and colleagues in a supportive and stimulating professional environment. If you would relish the challenge then we would welcome your application.
Millais is committed to the safeguarding of children, and a DBS police check will be made on the successful applicant.
For more information, an informal discussion or to request an application pack please contact Richard Lanning at Hays Education on 01273 729465 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 18 March 2019
Interviews: Week beginning: 25 March 2019