Part Time (3 days a week)
This is an opportunity for an experienced marketing, PR or communications professional to play a key role providing strategic leadership to Brighton Girls School’s marketing, pupil recruitment, development and communications functions.
You will manage a busy and varied workload, which will include:
- Implementing the School’s current strategic marketing plan and adapting where necessary in conjunction with the Head
- Leading the marketing and communications materials (social media, newsletters, brochures, press releases and articles) to ensure these present an appropriate image and profile of the School
- Leading advertising and promotional campaigns, including fundraising initiatives
- Leading marketing activities to increase retention and attract and recruit new students
- Managing an agreed budget to ensure that resources are maximised
We welcome applications from candidates with a proven track record of developing and implementing successful PR, marketing and communications plans as well as development and fundraising campaigns. A proven, high level of organisational and influencing skills are equally important.
Why join Brighton Girls?
As a founding school of the Girls’ Day School Trust, Brighton Girls has a significance in the history of girls’ education. Located in the heart of the city of Brighton; we are as eclectic, enterprising, and creative as the city itself. Our girls are bright and independent: they are resilient and not afraid to take risks; they have strong social consciences and enjoy learning.
As part of the Girls’ Day School Trust, our staff benefit from our 140-year history of excellence and innovation in girls’ education, with many opportunities to share ideas and best practice with colleagues across the network. They have access to an extensive central training and professional development programme to complement school-based INSET, and also funding grants for individual courses of study.
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further information and to apply for this position, please click the apply button.
Closing date: 9.00am on Thursday 27th May 2021.
We may interview and offer the position before the expiry of the deadline, so if interested please apply immediately.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.
Brighton and Hove
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 3 - 18 years