Director of Marketing and Development
Working alongside the Assistant Head, the Director of Marketing and Development will be expected to have delegated responsibility for the following:
• The launch of the Durham High School for Girls Foundation;
• Alumnae Relations; and
• Events & Fundraising.
The Director of Development and Marketing will also work closely with the Assistant Head and Headmistress in the areas of:
• Advertising & Marketing;
• Branding & Publishing;
• Admissions (in conjunction with the Admissions Officer);
• School Strategic Planning (in conjunction with all members of the Senior Leadership Team);
• Feeder and Partner School Liaison; and
• Local Community Liaison.
The Director of Development and Marketing will help set up the Governors’ Development Committee and will report to the Full Board at other appropriate times. The role is full time and permanent; flexible working hours will be essential.
Further development of the department will be considered as necessary in the future.
This is an exciting opportunity for a gifted and motivated individual who wishes to assist the School in its new and exciting stage of development. The ideal candidate will be:
• in tune with the School’s aims and ethos;
• understand and support the School’s traditions and Anglican foundation;
• support the benefits of an all-girls, all-round education;
• a successful professional in strategic marketing, communications, customer care and people leadership;
• experienced in the world of education or a similar environment;
• confident to approach individuals and organisations for support and patronage;
• a highly credible ambassador for the School;
• able to work effectively with young and old, bringing about change with vigour, good humour and tact; and
• able to apply sound principles, taking into consideration audience and market dynamics.
Please see job description for further details.